• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange Genie - Skimming allegations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Genie - Skimming allegations

Interesting read concerning Orange Genie's practices. Allegations of skimming salaries - for anyone that's used them it probably doesn't come as much of a surprise.

https://contractorvoice.org/orange-g...lary-skimming/

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    Interesting read concerning Orange Genie's practices. Allegations of skimming salaries - for anyone that's used them it probably doesn't come as much of a surprise.

https://contractorvoice.org/orange-g...lary-skimming/
    Oh it doesn’t surprise me and there are way worse things still to be revealed.

what is more interesting to me is which software providers offer such additions and whether HMRC may wish to remove permission to submit RTI information
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How wide is the Contractor Voice readership? You'd hope something like that would be picked up by a news outlet rather than be buried in a blog I didn't know existed until today.

Comment

FCSA statement:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fcsa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	260.5 KB ID:	4239760

Comment

Didn't FCSA only appoint an independant arbitration team a few months ago? Talk about being thrown in the deep end.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            How wide is the Contractor Voice readership? You'd hope something like that would be picked up by a news outlet rather than be buried in a blog I didn't know existed until today.
            It popped up in my LinkedIn feed, so there is a somewhat broader audience.

Does leave me wondering whether folk don't check their payslips themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

It popped up in my LinkedIn feed, so there is a somewhat broader audience.

Does leave me wondering whether folk don't check their payslips themselves.
              I'm absolutely certain a vast majority of people but don't but it appears in this case even if you did you wouldn't have spotted it.

Unbeknown to contractors, £2 per week has been incorrectly deducted and disguised on the payslip in the deduction called “Employment cost, including Employer National Insurance”.

This deduction is consistently equal to the employer national insurance and a £2 additional masked deduction, which is invisible to contractors.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Not big - but I don’t think it matters

as for that FSCA post - I wouldn’t look at 2 separate posts and link them together - as I joked with someone yesterday the issues mentioned in that FSCA post could be anyone except for about 4 FCSA members

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I'm absolutely certain a vast majority of people but don't but it appears in this case even if you did you wouldn't have spotted it.
                  You would only spot it if you knew and calculated what the employer dedications should be. The calculation isn’t difficult but it’s probably beyond most people’s ability / interest.

Comment

I just got notice today from Orange Genie that my agency no longer want them on the approved list. Meaning I have to switch. This all makes sense now...

Comment

Working...
                    X