• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New phone recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New phone recommendations

My Huawei Mate 20 pro has crapped out on me, think its been dropped one too many times that it is no longer reading any sim card installed.
    its 4 years old and to be honest, with the kids has been through the wars, not worth paying to get it fixed.

so puts in me in the market for a new phone, been looking around and there are so many and they all just seem....meh. Nothing really stands out.

Initially thinking between Samsung s21 or Pixel 6. Although I hear the xaomi m11 is good.

Any recommendations (Android only)?

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post

Any recommendations (Android only)?
    Not with those limitations.

My wife's cousin swears by OnePlus. Maybe look at the OnePlus 9 Pro
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I picked up a Motorola G50 just before Xmas.
      Very impressed with it so far.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

I have a Xiaomi Mi which is a couple of years old and holding steady. You have to get used to the very heavily skinned andoid launcher that Xiaomi put on their phones called MIUI, but I actually like MIUI so am happy to stay with it.

Comment

I got a Samsung A22 £200, it's ok, dual sim, 5g, battery last all day with bluetooth streaming internet radio, GPS, usual stuff. It's just a largish phone, but cheap.

Comment

Last month I bought a brand new Samsung S10+ (S10 plus) dual sim at a much much cheaper price for my daughter. I had my doubts and was sceptical ordering through OnBuy as I have never used them. But Amazon price was almost double the price of what I paid. One particular seller had good review and they are good indeed. Brand new phone (not fake, not stolen).

Comment

Got a Pixel 4A, excellent. Assume 6 will be as good but bigger.

PS Er, but seem to be some moans on Google.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I have the Note 20 Ultra. Haven't anything to complain about. The pen has been very useful for making notes and drawing things on top of photos - great for when I am designed things for houses like wardrobes or wiring or room layouts and floorplans etc.

Comment

I'm quite interested in the Pixel but mainly from the camera, erm, angle which might necessitate the Pro and I doubt I want to pay that much.
                  I've been a One+ user since I switched from Lumia (1+3 I think, now on the 1+6+). The "flagship killer" thing is long gone with their phones now costing as much as others, they have launched a lower-tier range now as a flag-ship killer which presumably tries to kill off their own premium range!? I have found the 1+ somewhat quirky over the years, generally great but the odd bug specific to OxygenOS which us irritating.

Did Nokia's foray into Android peter out? They got a good reception initially.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Samsung all the way for me. Had them since the S4 and they've never missed a beat. Last long enough to skip models as well. Currently on an S9 and can't see why I need to pay 1k for another. If I did I know it would last me another four or five years.

That said I'd never pay that for a phone. If I do need to upgrade I'd be torn between two of the suggestions already made. Get the previous version cheaper, like S10 or go for one the A versions. Got the A42 for the misus and it does everything she or I would need for under £350

I can't be arse chasing high end phones for a grand a time anymore.

The one time I've left Samsung I went for the that one with the metal back that was curved rather than flat. Forget what it was called but by god it was crap so straight back to Samsung.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X