• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

New phone recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Last month I bought a brand new Samsung S10+ (S10 plus) dual sim at a much much cheaper price for my daughter. I had my doubts and was sceptical ordering through OnBuy as I have never used them. But Amazon price was almost double the price of what I paid. One particular seller had good review and they are good indeed. Brand new phone (not fake, not stolen).
    What is the crack with that Onbuy? I see it popping up in the shopping recommendations in google but it's usually so low I assumed it was a fake or chinese supplied site so never looked. Far too cheap to trust so always scrolled past.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

      What is the crack with that Onbuy? I see it popping up in the shopping recommendations in google but it's usually so low I assumed it was a fake or chinese supplied site so never looked. Far too cheap to trust so always scrolled past.
      You are right. I assumed the same as the price factor was unbelievably low. The sellers seem to be reliable based on my first time experience, at least in my case. There's a site/app where you can check if a phone is fake or stolen etc. I did necessary checks and it came out to be genuine. Return address was also within UK. Above all, site uses Paypal to provide 180 days buyer protection. So I went with it.

      Let me know if you want to know from which seller I bought the phone as there are many sellers.

      Comment


        #13
        I used to have Samsungs and then switched to the Pixel a few years ago. I currently have the Pixel 5 and it's been plenty good enough for what I use it for. I don't have anything against the Samsung (a friend of mine swears by them) but I just wanted a phone without a manufacturer's interpretation of the OS.

        Apparently the OnePlus is very good too. Not personally tried it but have heard good reports from people who have.

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
          Let me know if you want to know from which seller I bought the phone as there are many sellers.
          No thanks. Sounds like a complete bear pit and getting a genuine phone is more by luck than design so I'll just not bother with it thank you.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

          Comment


            #15
            Under £50

            Perfect!

            https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p...-j8-smartphone
            I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

            Comment


              #16
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I used to have Samsungs and then switched to the Pixel a few years ago. I currently have the Pixel 5 and it's been plenty good enough for what I use it for. I don't have anything against the Samsung (a friend of mine swears by them) but I just wanted a phone without a manufacturer's interpretation of the OS.

              Apparently the OnePlus is very good too. Not personally tried it but have heard good reports from people who have.
              A few weeks ago I bought a One Plus Nord 2. I cannot fault it. Be aware when shopping around that some sellers might be offering the previous generation One Plus Nord. Nothing wrong with it, but be aware it's a previous generation device.

              The Nord 2 is what I am using and am very happy indeed with it.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

              Comment


                #17
                Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

                A few weeks ago I bought a One Plus Nord 2. I cannot fault it. Be aware when shopping around that some sellers might be offering the previous generation One Plus Nord. Nothing wrong with it, but be aware it's a previous generation device.

                The Nord 2 is what I am using and am very happy indeed with it.
                Can't fault the reviews on it but I've been burnt changing models in the past so I wouldn't be brave enough to try it to be honest.

                Interesting these reviews talk so much about the back and build materials when next to no one uses them without a case. Those that do, from what I see out and about, have completely knackered back and front so can't enjoy the lovely finish they talk about anyway. Never quite understood why someone doesn't do a phone with a particularly dull but sides and back that's designed with the fact everyone will use a case and save some pennies. But then I'm old.

                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                Comment


                  #18
                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

                  Can't fault the reviews on it but I've been burnt changing models in the past so I wouldn't be brave enough to try it to be honest.

                  Interesting these reviews talk so much about the back and build materials when next to no one uses them without a case. Those that do, from what I see out and about, have completely knackered back and front so can't enjoy the lovely finish they talk about anyway. Never quite understood why someone doesn't do a phone with a particularly dull but sides and back that's designed with the fact everyone will use a case and save some pennies. But then I'm old.
                  Agree with this, no idea what Gorilla glass on the back is something good. You are either going to put a case on it, or end up with cracked glass on the back.

                  Thanks all, I went with the Pixel 6 in the end. Was meant to come last week but delays with handsets mean it will be mid feb. Not too bad of a wait.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X