• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BP - We Have To Close Petrol Stations..."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Passed a petrol station today in London that had fuel.

I knew it had because there was a long queue on the approach.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    I found out about the petrol conspiracy yesterday.
    Apparently the government created the fuel shortage as they had a surplus of E5 fuel that they need to get rid of to make way for E10 . So they created a panic.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	feel-me-think-about-it.gif
Views:	150
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	4185414
    If your theory is correct (and let's face it, we both know it's bollocks) the panicking was being done by all those whose cars won't run on E10. Which is every British-made car, particularly the electric ones...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Apparently the government created the fuel shortage as they had a surplus of E5 fuel that they need to get rid of to make way for E10 . So they created a panic.

Nope. Wrong.

https://fullfact.org/economy/fuel-crisis-conspiracy/

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    I went and got my E10 last night from Asda, no queue. Limited to £30. No problem I make that last a month or more.

Up the road there was a large queue for Esso.

qh
    How much was remaining in your tank before you added £30 worth?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    I went and got my E10 last night from Asda, no queue. Limited to £30. No problem I make that last a month or more.

Up the road there was a large queue for Esso.

qh

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

lot's of fighting there, then??
    Aaaagh! A spelling error! Must kill myself!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Diesel had run out first and there is more shortage of Diesel than petrol. However, Heathrow is supplied by a pipeline therefor, I have taped two cardboard wings on the car so I can refuel with JetA1.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Back to petrol stations, was nightmare coming back from Karaoke on Tuesday due to long line of cars blocking road. Was a duel carriageway but some idiot was way over the line blocking both.
    lot's of fighting there, then??

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Back to petrol stations, was nightmare coming back from Karaoke on Tuesday due to long line of cars blocking road. Was a duel carriageway but some idiot was way over the line blocking both.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

God, I thought the Mail Online was a bit down market. But the Metro is Chav City!
    It's gone downhill a lot since they took the cartoons out.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Which is why I like posting "news" from it.
    The metro was always perfect for that 30 minute train commute. Bubblegum 'news' whilst trying to wake up!
    Last edited by Whorty; 30 September 2021, 10:02.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The Metro is hilarious. I helps that it doesn't take itself seriously, whereas the Fail thinks it's a real newspaper.
    Which is why I like posting "news" from it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The Metro is hilarious. I helps that it doesn't take itself seriously, whereas the Fail thinks it's a real newspaper.
    The fail knows exactly what it is.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Metro does the most rude stories too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X