• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The weekend thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The weekend thread"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    TFA

Week 3 of 4 weeks off between contracts.

Tonight, local Italian restaurant for dinner.

Tomorrow, decorating then dinner at friend's house.

Sunday is car club barbeque.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SamDisht View Post
    I have to take care of lot of chores at home. May be in the evening hang out with friends and have some pints. Sunday is all for relaxation and some football maybe. Then again back to work on Monday.
    Do you like films with gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    pub
    looking after kids, painting bathroom, pub
    pub

or similar.

Leave a comment:

• SamDisht
    replied
    Lots of Chores

Originally posted by eek View Post
    So it's Friday, the sun may (or may not) be out and in 3-9 hours time the week is finally yours to do what you want..

So what do you want to do?
    I have to take care of lot of chores at home. May be in the evening hang out with friends and have some pints. Sunday is all for relaxation and some football maybe. Then again back to work on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Mostly suffering a nasty Ultravox related ear-worm, I shouldn't wonder
    Thankfully the joke has finished working on me.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Mostly suffering a nasty Ultravox related ear-worm, I shouldn't wonder

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Train in 2 hours to Glasgow

Mrs Eek is doing a parkrun tomorrow so need to leave at 8:30 to meet someone guarding us to it at the nearest station

Then back Sunday night ready for a 4:30 taxi on Monday morning to the airport and Vienna...
    This means nothing to me...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Mrs Eek is doing a parkrun tomorrow so need to leave at 8:30 to meet someone guarding us to it at the nearest station

Then back Sunday night ready for a 4:30 taxi on Monday morning to the airport and Vienna...
    DFYB

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    You?

Mrs Eek is doing a parkrun tomorrow so need to leave at 8:30 to meet someone guiding us to it at the nearest station

Last edited by eek; 21 July 2017, 11:28. Reason: autocorrect pah

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    TFA

Takeaway and wine tonight. Bottle of something Fizzy to celebrate MrsB passing her first year OU exam.

Saturday : Final fettling of the new bike in preparation for next weekend. Checking packing list and working out where everything is going to go. A gentle spin on the bike to keep the legs moving.

Sunday : 100 miles or so on the bike in full LEL configuration, which will either give me confidence that I've got it all right or send me into a blind panic about stuff that doesn't work / fit / go right.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Tonight: Friday Fizz, playing with new toy
    Tomorrow: Gardening, playing
    Sunday: Cricket.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    So it's Friday, the sun may (or may not) be out and in 3-9 hours time the week is finally yours to do what you want..

TFA

Well tonight will be spent packing the van and trailer. Tomorrow and Sunday will be spent doing a medieval show at a local children's event.

Mrs MUN is going to the pub on Sunday evening so I will see whether any of my regular crew fancy coming over and playing some board games or finishing off my BIL's RPG that I started running for him on his birthday ages ago!

Saturday night will probably be spent watching Supernatural and drinking wine with Mrs MUN.

You?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'll be advertising in town to do anyone's wife for 50p. I've got school fees I need to pay for.
    I did hear you had something in common with Alan:
    Lord B'Stard will be remembered by those rich and privileged enough have known him, as a kind and generous man, a convivial host, brilliant raconteur, great patriot and extraordinary lover who perfected the eight second orgasm.
    £210 an hour? Blimey you will have those fees pretty quickly if you can find any customers.

And important news for Fans:

The B'Stard is back! : News 2017 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide

Writers Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran are developing a sequel called The B'Stard Legacy.

They say that their show is 'what the world needs in the time of the alt-right and Fake News'.

If it gets to the screen, the action will revolve around Alan's long-lost son Arron B'Stard, who was adopted by two Green Party activists in Welwyn Garden City and who has built up an international business and media empire.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Thank you for asking.

Looking like work

Rest of the weekend = sleep and maybe catch the end of the golf...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

I'll be advertising in town to do anyone's wife for 50p. I've got school fees I need to pay for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X