• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Saturday.

Was sunny now grey.

Was dry now picking with rain.

Chilly in here at 13.4 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11.5 in the leanto.

1012 mBar, 29.884343 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of September 2019 there was discussion of how this board gets stuff from imdb, my visit to my then undestroyed ex room at ye newe sloughe of desponde, and much discussion of ACME Products (apparently run by the 1940s version of elon) and Wile E Coyote.

Rain.

Hail.

Sun.

Murrain of beasts.

It's all go on the weather today.

Freecell score: 65%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Money Box <click>

Colonel March of Scotland Yard "Death in Inner Space (1956)".

Highway Cops: 93kph through a 30kph limit is expensive. Why do these people never take advantage of the slack the cops give them? It's baffling. 28 days to get a licence to avoid a $400 fine? What's not to like? Snot like that here.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the chill wind and sunshine (intermittent).

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Dixon of Dock Green S14 E9: "The Team (1967)" Scammers. 'Anging's too good fer 'em. I don't like this one. These days they do it over the interweb or the telephone.

Maigret S4 E11 "The Crime at lock 14 (1963)".

Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre "Clue of the silver key (1961)" Not very good.

Some bollox or other on Blaze: Mission Unexplained. More ghosties etc.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 March 2024, 19:34.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Breezy. The front of the house has blue sky and lumps of fluff. The back has lots of ominous grey fluff. According to the forecast, the latter will prevail with rain due at lunchtime. So much for my towel wash. Anyhoo, it's currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 7) wland that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

Still poorly. Desperately trying to get better (like I have much control over such things) as I'm due to go on holiday on Tuesday.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out today. Reasonably warm at 9°C, though that's today's high, and the barometers are heading down at 996/1004mB

Comment

I took a chance on putting the towels out on the line. And it paid off!

The forecast rain has just made an appearance, over two hours later than expected, which meant the towels had plenty of time out in the sunny breeze to dry perfectly.

This is as exciting as my weekend is going to get.

Comment

Tonight's tea was brought to me from a curry house not far away past the park which I'd not tried before, and was very nice

Comment

Today's telly was the usual variety of wildlife stuff including Monkey Life

And not a lot else watched, but I did a bit of mucking around with SceneKit, and read a few H. G. Wells short stories

Early night now, though past experience suggests that doesn't mean I'll get around to doing anything useful tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                Some gardening was achieved yesterday, including finishing cutting the grass, planting a quince tree, staking an apple that wasn’t growing straight, digging up some ground elder, repairing a fence and shredding whips. More shredding and weeding to be done today, and maybe a bonfire later.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy cloud out, albeit more cloud than not. Windy too, so the conifers have got a bit of a shimmy on. Currently 6°C (though the wind is allegedly making it "feel like" 2°), and expected to get to 11°. The barometers are slightly up though, at 997/1005mB

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

According to the prognosticator it's dry all day so naturally enough the rain began as I put the washing in the WM.

Damp.

Wanly sunny

Supposed to be breezy and it isn't.

Chilly in here at 13.4 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 9 deg in the salting house.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts out of the WM & out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

^^^ The triumph of hope over experience.

Meanwhile on the 9th of September 2019 there was discussion of Bruce Willis having hair in Yippee Kay Yay, Mofo days of "Die Hard", whereas the review of the congregation regarding "Bladerunner 2049" seemed uniformly negative, it being judged pretentious twaddle unrelated to anything that PKD might have intended.

Cottons out of the WM and out on the line.

Shirts in off the line and roughly iRoned and airing upstairs. Some of these aren't even suitable for gardening shirts any more so why I keep wearing them is a mystery.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage: S17 Teenagers.

The Infinite Monkey Cage: S17 How animals behave.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Boots done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the initial sunshine then grey gloom. Got quite warm.

Entertainment: Border Control Canada <click> watched it before.

100 channels of tulipe on the tv to choose from & nothing to watch.

I suppose I'd better finish iRoning the cottons then, for want of anything else to occupy me.

Duly iRoned where required & airing upstairs.

Tea: soup etc Morrisons cumberland sausages with bacon (smoked) and onion gravy etc. Rather nice I thought. And there 3 left for a sausage butty tomorrow. About 90% of the cooking, apart from frying, took place in the poppity ping, which I've discovered is quite effective.

Entertainment: thing about The Great Plague of London. How odd: sulphur (or sulfur) dioxide smoke kills fleas very effectively, while limewash kills bacteria as effectively as a modern biocide.

Which proves that our ancestors weren't as dumb as we apparently think they were.

Digging up Britain: Elsyng Palace: one of the fat monster's palaces.

Am Dro: Llandre, Newquay, Cwmtydu, Llanrug and Henlan. Well I know where one of those is.

Bollox about Atlantis on 5. Oh. It's Dan Snow. .

Megadisasters on Blaze: Glow Train: or how to blow up a train carrying propane to hell & gone.

Oh, it's about shipping nuclear waste to Yucca Mountain waste depository. :.

The End of Atlantis on 5+1. .
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2024, 16:46.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and blustery morning so far. Large lumps of fluff hanging about.No rain forecast. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer up a bit to 1013 mBar.

Off to see Mum today. Staying over as she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and I really don't fancy an early start to drive down there to pick her up.

Cough getting better, slowly. I've decided it was bronchitis as that sounds more interesting than "a cough".

Comment

Working...
                      X