• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having knocked off for the day, I naturally hastened to see what was going on down on the lawn (seven pigeons, two magpies) and saw that a small piece of paper had been placed under the windscreen wipers of the Toyota. So I got my shoes on and went all the way down to see what it was. Had I annoyed a neighbour with my parking? Had somebody reversed into it? But no; it was a thing advertising the services of some scaffolders; possibly the ones currently putting up scaffolding on the large Victorian villa next door.

As anything which might need scaffolding here would involve the management company, I fear they have wasted their efforts and their little bits of paper. Still, I took the stairs down and back, and I daresay the exercise will do me good

Comment

Tea: roast gammon with chips, fried eggs and beans

I managed to drop one egg, and another one was already cracked. Now I need to get eggs

Comment

Temperature seemed normal tonight, but I did have a really dizzy spell earlier (The WifeTM suggested it may be that I blew my nose and shifted a blockage in my sinuses)

Lemsip is being consumed, and based on past experiences, that should last me for about 5 hours.

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Porsche Boxster S. I had to restart my browser when the adblocker wanted to update so I've lost its details (poor URL design by the team responsible for that service) but IIRC it's taxed until next January

And some of the gold diggers did rather well, which is nice for them

Then the next episode of Severance - S1E7, I think - which continues to get odder and more perturbing

Finally, some bedtime reading

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

A brighter start today, albeit with a hazy thin layer of cloud high up. Currently 9°C, 14° expected, and the barometers are heading back down at 997/1005mB

I have to go to the surgery for the delayed annual blood tests this afternoon. One of them is a fasting test; the old surgery used to ensure the appointment was in the morning and preferably before about 9:30, so one didn't have to postpone breakfast for too long. No such consideration shown by the new place, so I don't get my morning coffee, toast, or even any lunch until afterwards

On the other hand, the new surgery does give access to one's records online, so I can actually see which tests have been ordered and read up about them on Google; I could never remember what it was they were testing for from one year to the next at the old place

I also note that there's a query from the pharmacist against the dosage of the statin I take. I vaguely recall that being increased by the old GP for a specific reason years ago, but can't remember what the reason was. Ah well, I daresay they'll be able to work it out

Comment

Morning all

A few coughing fits through the night, I still sound rough as, but let's see how today goes.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and a bit damp. No active precipitation at the moment but it'll be here in earnest this afternoon. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 14 forecast. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Just remembered I have the dentist on Friday so I need to let the PM know I won't be doing their job at the fortnightly sprint demo.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Wet.

Chilly inhere at 13.1 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.562 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of May 2019 it was sunny & bright in Manchester according to opm, WTFH's hen was laying an egg & singing the laying an egg song, whilst NF was consuming yet more cumberland sausages and I took another 15lbs of books to the Oxfam bookshop.

Last night's dream was yet another nightmare about pretend working somewhere. Ho hum. This one was about some sort of GPS walking stick thing or some such nonsense.

The next pile of books for disposal is getting taller. There's far too many books in here. Ferreted about in a cardboard box and added a Hornblower book to the pile. There's a hagiography of "Uncle Dickie" the hero of Partition that could go there too.

Freecell score in the endless grey gloom of the morning: 90%, running average 85%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached wrinkly tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of lightly toasted toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Box of tv manuals duly indexed.

Freecell score: 100% (of 21), running average 85%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E5 1966 Morris Traveller (tax disc: 09/13): bought: £2450, total: £6k5, sold: £8k5. Still taxed. MOT free, though looking at the MOT history that's not an altogether good idea all in all.

The Repaire Shoppe: there's a radio this week: a Russian thing from the 1960s, he has an odd sort of way of repairing stuff, a clock covered in 1000s of matchsticks, and a bugle.

Discovering George Clooney. They mentioned Oceans 11 & I couldn't remember Sammy Davis Jnr's name so I had to look it up. The brain rot proceeds apace.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 March 2023, 20:30.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    ... and I took another 15lbs of books to the Oxfam bookshop.
                    That reminds me - I have several bags of books to take to the Oxfam shop that my Mum has asked me to get rid of for her.

Comment

Off to the surgery soon and it's teeming down. The phone just gave me an alert that the rain will stop one minute before I have to set off. Not convinced

Comment

Working...
                      X