• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunday. And it's later than you think.

Damp.

White sky with blue bits.

Wanly sunny when the fancy takes it.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1001 mBar, 29.5595 in Hg, 750.8117 Torr, 14.518 psi, (up from 998 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

And, for the first time in a long while, the new neighbour next door is present, along with his GF.

Meanwhile on the 14th of May 2019 NF had disposed of five feet of assorted reading matter at the Sainsbury recycling skip, while I was travelling home on an overheated bus and being railed at by an obnoxious oik, later I watched an ep of "Jeremiah (2001)" (region 1 dvd I'd waited 15 years before purchasing so I could find out how S2 ended since Sky never got around to showing it) followed by a documentary about De Gaulle, a man who hated the Brits more than he hated the Krauts, while NF watched something else, the something else being "On the Beach (1959)".

Walk (abbreviated) walked during which I bumped into that motormouth chap I try to avoid.

Another 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back, full of stuff I didn't want to know about his health, his family, life, the universe, guns, suicide, & everything. Feck me.

Long enough standing still get cold & stiff (but not in a good way). Ho very hum.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of "toast" (actually more like hot slightly toasted bread but there you go), a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWTW waffling on about NO & suchlike. Govie Govie Govie.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. One of the tomatoes was furry. .

Freecell score: 87%, running average 85%.

Tea: soup & rice thing, a yog, some mango slices, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: POTW. More than slightly one note this week. Blessings be upon it. .

Secrets in the Sky: the untold story of Skunkworks: all two hours of it on Blaze.

Sky Arts: Discovering Westerns on Film: counting down to number one, being "Once upon a time in the West".

Discovering Clint Eastwood.

The first 45 minutes of "John Wick". They really shouldn't have killed the dog.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 March 2023, 22:50.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey damp start. Currently 7°C, no more than 9° expected, and tonight it's heading down to zero. The barometers are up slightly though, at 994/1002mB

Doesn't seem right that it's already 11am. Oh wait, it's own brand 11am, not the real thing

Comment

Morning Afternoon all

Bright but damp. Cloudy. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 9 expected. Showers forecast this lunchtime. Barometer at 1006 mBar.

Most clocks have been changed but I am tempted to remain on GMT. I say that most years and never actually do it.

Bed has been stripped and is airing. Hopefully I'll remember to make it before I need to sleep in it. I might leave the laundering as the wash basket is full and that ought to take priority. I don't fancy risking putting things out on the washing line.

Comment

Sunday has been celebrated with a nice, relaxing Radox bath

For some reason, the daffodils in the northern corners of the central flower bed in the lawn are being much slower about flowering than the ones in the southern corners. They aren't very far apart, so it's not as if they'll have different microclimates or anything

Though maybe they do, in that the southern ones have been getting slightly more shade than the northern ones, when the sun was quite low in the sky behind the southern Art Deco block.

Comment

Breakfast, by the way, was a couple of croissants with strawberry jam

I need to go to the sorting office at the edge of the universe, as I missed the attempted delivery of a parcel that has to be signed for. It's from Waterstones; I don't know why they send it by a process that requires a signature. I only ordered this particular book to get the value of the order above the price for free shipping. And the book I actually wanted to buy (a signed edition which is on offer below the normal unsigned edition price) isn't published for another couple of weeks and will arrive separately. So if I somehow miss that one too, I could end up making two trips to the sorting office all to save myself four quid in postage. Should have just ordered them off Amazon, who leave them on the doormat if I'm not in

Comment

The sorting office has been gone to. And as I was over that side of town, I took the route back past Big Sainsbury's and popped in for a couple of things that were out of stock or forgotten when I was there on Friday

Comment

Lunch: a roast pork and apple sauce bap (white)

Comment

I remember this forum when lickspittles used to wish mods a happy birthday in the hope of us looking favourably on them. Doesn’t seem to happen any more.

Anyway, for my birthday I got a cheque from my dad, a bottle of rum from one brother in law, some Lemsip from The WifeTM and the rest is on hold until we are well enough to go out anywhere.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just popped over to The Place of the Bins and left votive offerings

I was going to postpone it as there were several pigeons near the edge of the lawn and I didn't want to disturb them. But then some people came out of one of the other blocks and disturbed them anyway. I ended up disturbing one of the squirrels instead, which bounded off across the lawn. But they do that anyway, so I don't think I actually inconvenienced it at all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I remember this forum when lickspittles used to wish mods a happy birthday in the hope of us looking favourably on them. Doesn’t seem to happen any more.
                      Fixed

Comment

Working...
                      X