• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After the usual NZ traffic cops stuff, this evening's viewing has been E2 of Saving Lives in Leeds, followed by an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

I didn't get much done after all today. Ah well, it's Sunday; what can one expect?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy grey day out

Reasonably mild for the time of year though, being 9°C with 14° due later; the barometers are down but hardly at all, at 1002/1010mB

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming this morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Chilly in here at 12.3 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.547 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of May 2019 I was shattered, however OPM managed to refelt his shed roof.

It would appear that I slept, but not well, being very for some reason.

Increasingly drizzly, leading to the X5 down to town, followed immediately by the 34 over to that Tesco, a hyperefficient round of shopping, then the 34 back to Neath again, followed by a damply unpleasant walk back home.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of rather more toasted toast than I prefer, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about railways until it started waffling on about parking fines when it suddenly went <click>.

dunno wot to do this afternoon, I suspect Freecell might be on the cards. .

Dear deity it's a miserable afternoon & no mistake. grey grey grey grey drizzly and grey.

Freecell score: 94.7%, running average 85%, so at least that was positive.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM until the theme to "Jaws" came on.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E13 1963 BMW Isetta. Bought: £6k8, Total: £10k5, Sold: £12k to the BMW museum. After he bought it it was trailered back to workshop coz it broke down with smoke from the rear brake. The tax disc was 04/13. MOT expired May 2013. They haven't informed the DVLA of the colour change. And it's SORN.

NCIS S19 E4: "Great Wide Open": Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs goes to Alaska.

And finally, something worth looking at on Blaze: Secrets in the Sky: The untold story of Skunk Works. With that Kelly Johnson cove who started in 1933 with piston engined planes & designed the SR71. Repeated this Sunday at 19:00.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 March 2023, 22:45.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and damp out today with rain forecast from early afternoon onwards. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 10) with a high of 13. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

I see I forgot to press the Post Reply button yesterday. HWMBO and I went down to Sussex to meet up with my brother, SiL and nephew to take my Mum out for lunch. A good time was had by all. The drive down was a faff, lots of traffic and people using the chevroned off area at junctions to decide at the last minute that they don't want to turn off the M25 and then just pulling into the live lane of traffic without looking for a safe gap. Saw a Lantern recovery truck but couldn't tell who was driving. They were taking the M3 exit at the time.

Work is being busy and I'm very tired. Not a good combination.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

No they aren't. I just bashed 'em all down again with a sledgehammer.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today after a poor night's sleep. I also had a bit of a tickly cough before lunch, so I did a Covid test. Negative, but I might try again later

In the meantime, lunch has been a Cumberland sausage cob

Comment

Tea: pork cutlets with chips and beans

Comment

Working...
                      X