• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Meanwhile the National Grid map thingie denies all knowledge.
    Probably a Deep State coverup

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole, and was extremely nice

Accompanied by a bit of Police Interceptors

Comment

Caught in the attic today… 1 shrew, 2 mice. Running totals this week: 3 shrews, 4 mice.
      One of our Arlo cameras is now on trap watch, so we get pinged when they head for the trap. It’s more entertaining than most reality shows.

In other news, tonight I’m going for no paracetamol and no naproxen. Let’s see if the others are enough to give me rest

TFBSZ.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Triumph Stag, and is taxed and MOTed until November. I get the impression they did less to the cars back then, and they all seem to last longer…

And the gold diggers were back to the standard mix of rousing success for some and dismal failure for others.

Later: S3E5 (I think I'm up to) of The Handmaid's Tale.

I suppose I'll have to get up early for work again tomorrow. Ah well, soon be the weekend

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Overcast out, but at least that means I don’t need to scrape ice off the cars. The WifeTM is going to a client site to work today, and I am off to the beach house as it is having a heating service. The DogTW will be going with me, and who knows, we might end up on the beach, or in one of the local pubs that has started to do “Seniors Lunches” on Thursdays… for the over 50s.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry and reasonably bright. Currently 2 degrees with a high of 9 expected. The cloud is due to ease off a bit and allow the sun to come through. Barometer down to 1030 mBar.

Doing more investigation into data discrepancies for the report developers this morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start and it didn't even get frosty last night. Currently 4°C and heading for 8°, and the barometers are back up a bit at 1020/1028mB

The secret laptop hasn't arrived yet

As I don't have much to do without it, I took the general waste and recycling over to the bin paddock. It's quite nice out, in a chilly sort of way; fresh air and all that. None of the regulars are out on the lawn yet, and if they were planning to get on there since I last checked, I assume they're holding off as somebody's Ocado delivery is just being dropped off

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The car earlier was a Triumph Stag, and is taxed and MOTed until November. I get the impression they did less to the cars back then, and they all seem to last longer…
                The cars MB doesn't bother with don't seem to fare well, other than ending up scrapped. That's two in a row now.

And everything is much cheaper 13 years ago.

Morning.

Thursday.

Damp, as it seems to have rained overnight at some point.

Sunny and bright. .

Not quite so cold at 10.7 deg in here, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

1030.5 mBar, 30.43 in Hg, 772.938 Torr, 14.946 psi, (up from 1027 last night), 67% RH (GDR hair), 60% (Lidl electric).

The recycling and waste disposal engineers made their way along the road earlier, singing their songs of joy and content.

Meanwhile on the 24th of April MS had won again, whilst I'd been to Swansea in the rain for no readily discernible reason, and WTFH's hen had laid a large egg, which apparently explains the racket.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the somewhat wan sunshine and cold breeze. "Warmer" than yesterday but felt colder. Sort of raw.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Sliced Bread: over the counter painkillers.

TWATO: the obsessions of the moment. One of which was Our Rog apparently, who been telling porkies to the Security Council on behalf of Putin & Co.

Some gardening was undertaken along with a bit of potching with one of the rafters on next door's car port, which will require some attention before it collapses on next door's car.

I got next door's car jack out of next door's shed, only to find that much like everything else next door, it's fecked, the pump is so rusted up it's immovable. Plan B involved using one of mine, not the big feckoff one but a cheap jack piece of chinese crap that does the job.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing on R4 about anaesthetics though they didn't mention Xenon.

PM.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E6 1968 Lotus Elan: Bought: £8k5, Total: £11685, Sold: £16,700. Required replacement front suspension upper balljoints, a stainless steel exhaust (which, according to Edd doesn't have any iron in it Duh, it's steel FFS), removal of those evil fecking rubber doughnuts from the half shafts & replacement with proper CV joints which is a very good idea indeed.

It's still taxed, the MOT ran out in 2022 but is presumably now not needing one, and it lives on in Northern Ireland.

The rubber doughnuts are an invention of the devil, the one on the propshaft of my auto Granada was never up to much, happily enough the manual gearbox & prop doesn't have one. IIRC the Imp had a doughnut each side of its transaxle but the piece of crap didn't last long enough for me to need to change it.

Who do you think you are? Jerry Hall.

Discovering Lee Marvin.

Trucking Hell S6 E18. Crashed Crane goodness.

The Movies: 1970s Part II.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 February 2023, 19:19.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was Chinese leftovers I'd forgotten about, to wit, a bit of sweet and sour pork (Cantonese style) with egg fried rice. Very tasty, and I'd remembered to freeze the rice on the night so it probably won't poison me much

Still very sunny out; just a couple of tiny fluffy bits centred over the block opposite to accentuate the scenic effect

No secret laptop yet

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Lunch was Chinese leftovers I'd forgotten about, to wit, a bit of sweet and sour pork (Cantonese style) with egg fried rice. Very tasty, and I'd remembered to freeze the rice on the night so it probably won't poison me much

Still very sunny out; just a couple of tiny fluffy bits centred over the block opposite to accentuate the scenic effect

No secret laptop yet
                    Are you sure they've sent it to your new address and not the old one?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Are you sure they've sent it to your new address and not the old one?
                      That would require them to be sufficiently well-organised to still have my old address

In fact, I'm not sure the people sending this one will ever have had my old address. This one is coming from the department and is for actual work; the one they sent last time came from BEIS and was just for accessing some internal services that I never had any reason to use.

I should probably check though, just in case

Comment

Working...
                      X