• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea came from the kebab shop and was, therefore, a kebab with chips

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Hotel Artemis (2018) in which Jodie Foster runs a secret hospital for criminals in riot-torn near-future Los Angeles. I thought it was pretty good

Early night now, with the vague hope of Getting Things Done tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Big Garden Bird Watch this morning, then we’ll see what the rest of the day entails.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunday

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Drizzly.

Slightly warmer in here at 10.8 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

1026 mBar, 30.29776 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.8808 psi, (down from 1030 last night), 65% RH (GDR hair), 62% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 20th of April 2019 NF was watching "The long good friday" and "The Passenger" (in the small hours of course) whilst somewhat later I was doing the washing, and visiting Morrisons & Tesco on a Saturday since both were shut on Easter Sunday. Bargains were sourced from Morrisons. Oh how we miss them. Whereas WTFH & The Dog went for a Long Walk.

I note that my erudite contributions to the UK vintage wireless site on the subject of "process" and "geometry" in data sheets from different manufacturers is yet to be moderated so it's still fecking invisible.

I was intending to offer some stuff for sale there but I'm reconsidering this. .

Especially since it's a) very fecking heavy and b) a long way from the Sais who'd have to drive here to get any of it since I don't think they make cardboard boxes able to take items weighing 114lbs.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: half of "Just a minute" sans Paul Merton.

The Food Programme on the wonders of the effect of B**x*t on the UK food industry.

TWTW: no doubt wall to wall crap about Zahawi much as Broadcasting House was, though I dozed through much of that.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with hints of some brightness somewhere.

Pretty muddy now the frost has melted.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

Noticed some long tailed tits on the bird feeders earlier: made a change from the sparrows, chaffinches, and jackdaws with an occasional collar dove pecking at the leavings underneath.

Tea: the first portion of chilli con carne from the new batch, with rice, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: POTW.

Motorway Patrol S5 E8. Little old lady on a mobility scooter thingie on the motorway. A couple attempting sexual congress on the hard shoulder. . Several shunts. A nutter towing a trailer with a boat sans any indicating lights.

Vera S12 E1. Didn't find that one as satisfying as last week's.

The Repair Shoppe: dressing table mirror & brush set rescued from a house fire, a metal canister that dropped supplies into occupied Europe back in the last global unpleasantness.

My contributions to the vintage radio site have now appeared after undergoing moderation.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 January 2023, 22:21.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy day but tending more towards cumulus so with a few more slightly blue gaps here and there, occasionally letting a little sunshine through. Mild enough for the time of year at 7°C and maybe reaching 8°, no rain expected, and the barometers are down a little at 1013/1021mB

The main roads close at hand are closed to traffic at the moment because of some charity 5K run thing, though I think they reopen very soon

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Bargains were sourced from Morrisons. Oh how we miss them.
                Do Morrisons no longer offer bargains? From my new place, our local Morrisons is much easier to get to, so I was thinking of giving it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Do Morrisons no longer offer bargains? From my new place, our local Morrisons is much easier to get to, so I was thinking of giving it a go.
                  Morrisons is now regularly more expensive than even Sainsburys. Plus their scheme seems designed to simply insult their customers.

Worth saying we spent 20+ years shopping at Morrisons and we now go to Sainsburys instead.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Morrisons is now regularly more expensive than even Sainsburys. Plus their scheme seems designed to simply insult their customers.

Worth saying we spent 20+ years shopping at Morrisons and we now go to Sainsburys instead.
                    Probably due to being taken over by Septic scum.

Other scum are available.

Meanwhile on the 20th of April 2019 I'd found my copy of "Backtrace" whatever that is*, while NF was consuming a very late "breakfast" and a very early "lunch" in an attempt to avoid a portmanteau word from Septicland.

*Turns out it's a Stallone epic with a score of 3.8 on imdb made by the same bunch involved in the dire Willis epics from the sound of it.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 January 2023, 22:32.

Comment

OM.

Comment

Working...
                      X