• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supper, for man cannot live by soup alone, has been a sausage bap. No sauce or bacon, as I wanted to get the measure of the butcher's sausages in their own right. They're very good, meaty and flavoursome

Comment

Tonight's viewing has been the first couple of parts of a three-part thing about Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370, the one which vanished into the South Indian Ocean in 2014. Interesting enough, though nothing in there I wasn't already aware of. Looks like the third part tries to choose between some of the more outré conspiracy theories and the more reasonable explanations though, so we shall see

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ In a remarkable turn up for the book, I seem to have gone to bed rather later than NF at an astounding 01:00 once the UFO nonsense had concluded. Though it being Blaze there was other UFO nonsense that might have been perused throughout the night.

Morning.

Monday.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Dry.

Misty.

Chilly in here at 12.7 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.721 psi, (up from 1005 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 69% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of April 2019, NF's bin status was indeterminate, down here it was cold & grey & sunless & unpleasant but hols were looming.

Since it's fine some shirts met the WM.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine, though warm it certainly isn't.

Shirts out of the WM & gracing the lower washing line.

Some smalls, fingerless gloves, and waterproof jacket thing in the WM.

Lunch: poached tomato (overdone) and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust (also the black side of toasted too much for no readily understood reason), yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of nowhere near as done as the crust was toast, 0.91*1.63 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Jacket thing, gloves, & smalls now hanging on the line in the sun.

The jacket thing seems to have emitted little bits of white something or other all over said items which is a tad irritating.

Shirts in off the line and in the TD.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Jacket thing & the rest in off the line & in the TD. Would have been helpful if I'd remembered to unfurl the hood while it was on the line.

Minor gardening potching done in the sun: various roses "pruned", gooseberry bush (self planted) pruned, fern thing tidied up, various crossing branches removed from the apple & pear trees (as if I know what I'm doing there, but nothing seems to discourage the apple tree).

70mm hole drilled in an old plastic biscuit box for an ammeter, another 3 holes for its fixings, a hole for the thermal trip, and two holes for the much more difficult to fit square voltmeter. I may cut that out using the saw on the dremel.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some fruit cocktail, a yog (BBE 15/01), 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Sounds like the Ukrainians dialled that one in, then. .

Some ancient ep of NCIS S9 E2 apparently. Ziva's in it.

For the want of anything else, the square hole in the biscuit "tin" for the voltmeter was cut with a stanley knife.

Now it's too floppy to mount the 13A socket the way I'd intended, so I think I'll put it on the side of the "tin" instead.

the oak island nutjobs S9 E15 "Eyes & boot in the ground" Repeat on Sunday at 20:00. S10 is starting this week on Discovery if I've understood the trails correctly.

From the short segments I watched, the lead seal thing came from France, they found FDR's rubber boot 90 feet down in the 10 foot can, and a shedload of wood came up in the grab.

Of Gold there was none. .

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E15: lady with steatocystoma, the lady was really very funny, Chap with a lipoma on the back of his neck & another on his thigh, his wife had passed away from the plague a couple or three months earlier, chap with a cyst on his forehead which he tried to get rid of by hitting it with a big book which didn't do anything other than give him a bad headache.

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E16: lady with a birthmark nevus sebaceous: quite radical skin operation. Another chap who's tried to remove his cysts: he had a lot of cysts on his head, looked like Grizzly Adams: after he's healed up he goes to the barber to stop looking like Grizzly Adams, lady with indeterminate rash on her left shin: shedload of steroid injections & steroid cream, punch biopsy: nummular dermatitis: cleared with the treatment.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 January 2023, 23:28.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

That was a very refreshing, alarm-free night's sleep

It's sunny with patchy cloud out, but the cloud is just the occasional fluffy clump or those wispy, trailing thin bits. No shimmying from the conifers, so I assume the wind has dropped. Currently 4°C and likely to reach 7°, and the barometers are up again at 1004/1012mB

The long range forecast proposes thunderstorms this time next week

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny. Dry after the overnight rain. Currently 7 degrees and it might get up to 8. Further rain expected overnight and into tomorrow morning. Barometer at 1017 mBar.

I had an uneventful journey home from Glasgow yesterday evening. Sadly just missed a train home so had a 30 minute wait for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Om.

While on the 5th of April 2019 I was looking forward to only working 3 more days in April, with May being the last month of work.

Comment

Laundry is in the WM. An assortment of tops, bottoms, dresses and smalls.

I ought to push a hoover about and maybe engage in a light dusting.

Comment

Ocado delivered early so now I'm trying to think of another reason to avoid doing housework

Comment

Links are up

Comment

The pieces of the disassembled chest of many drawers, which have been taking up a lot of space I required for other purposes, were retrieved from where they lurked behind two large Billy bookcases (assembled but on their sides, one atop the other) which allowed me to then get said bookcases into position against the wall and secured.

And with that done I was able to re-stack the bits of CoD in less space to be going on with, the medium-term plan being to get new plinths and tops from Ikea and turn it into both a CoD and a filing cabinet. Then boxes and bags of books were emptied on to the shelves, at least some of them ending up in very much the same positions they occupied in the same bookcase in the old flat. This, in turn, gives me enough room to get the remaining bookcases in here. Who knows, there might even be shelf space for all the books; if not, I'll have to get some more bookcases

Comment

Working...
                      X