• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago, I came back from that pub and watched a film I've watched a few times since, but it's a film that always bears watching again. So I watched it again: Constantine (2005)

And then a bit more of The West Wing; now that I've subjected myself to it again, it has to be got through. At least this is the exciting bit where people get shot

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      Blue skies here as the sun rises, lighting up the peaks around Monterosa.
      Last full day skiing today.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Nightmare. Now there is a big leak in my water pipe in the garage. Couldn't work the stop valve, totally jammed, so had to turn it off at meter in road. What with that and car not starting.... SWEAR
        Bummer, Xogg, but it explains the lack of water earlier.

Morning.

Saturday.

Wet. Half heartedly wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

NotSoCold at 9 deg in here 8 deg in the kitchen and 5 deg in the leanto.

1018.5 mBar, 30.0762 in Hg, 763.937 Torr, 14.772 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 64% RH (GDR hair), 54% (Lidl, electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of March 2019 NF visited the Chinese takeaway, whilst I took more crap from next door down the dump, and there was a discussion of 303 squadron with a mention of "Stan the Pole" of Neath Radio Service and Morris Motors, Llanelli, fame, who, it turns out, wasn't Polish at all but came from Ukraine.

Entertainment: today's offerings of Wheeler Dealers have been viewed previously, so that's a waste of time I won't be wasting.

Oh good. A funny noise in the saltinghouse proved to be a water leak from a split in the flexible hose to the WM. Another couple of hours spent farting about in the cold and rain.

Fortunately it can't have been going for long so the water was about a quarter of an inch deep on the floor. Gave me an opportunity to change the waterhammer preventer thingie, the old one having worn out.

Now there's two dehumidiers running in there.

Can't move the Miele WM to mop underneath it coz it's too fecking heavy.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, blackcurrant and marmalade on slices of Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toast, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I hate plumbing.

Took the opportunity to put yet more pipe insulation on the pipes in the saltinghouse.

Just had a look at "Top 5 IT contractor skills". Yup. Dunno anything about any of those, then. .

It's now either 12.7 (Lidl clock), 13.4 (Lidl hydrometer thingie), or a bit less than 13 (GDR Thermo dial) in here. Which is a fecking sight warmer than the saltinghouse.

Unexpectedly a further supply of smalls was located in the wardrobe, along with some string vests that haven't seen the light of day in half a century.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine and notsochilly chill of the afternoon.

The thaw has brought the mud back, though the paths up there are still icy.

The ice on the res is mostly gone (it's the last to ice up despite being the highest.

Bird feeders refilled, though there's an amazing amount of seed on the grass beneath, presumably they discard the seed they don't like.

Tea: spag with not very fiery bol (last portion thankfully), some peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91*1.62 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM, followed by that Sliced Bread nonsense about batteries.

Wheeler Dealers offering: watched before.

Ancient Aliens bollox (desperation): Element 115, Bob Lazar, Area 51, dumped at 18:30 for the Queen concert from 1986.

Maigret S4 E11 "The crime at lock 14". Amusing enough. How did I know that was Hugh Burden?

Thing about Bohemian Rhapsody from the Beeb in 2004.

The end of "The Eagle has landed" with that Michael Caine.

Some bollox or other about Motorway Cops on 5+1. Oh. It's gone away to make way for the adverts.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 December 2022, 21:44.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny but with increasing cloud as the morning has progressed. Much frost outside. Currently -1 with a high of 4 expected. Barometer up to 1022 mBar.

Smalls have been washed and hung about. The new fitted sheet has been put away. The rest of the bed linen will be washed tomorrow as I just couldn't get on with my bed linen routine being messed about with so much.

Off to Richmond today to meet a friend for lunch. Getting the bus as the route pretty much takes me door to door.

Comment

Emergency plumber failed to turn up. Fortunately I have almost solved the leak, not sure why but one was one of the joints leaking really badly, bit of plumbing sealant almost sorted it. Leak so small now, should take a day or two to fill a pint glass and it's right by garage entrance on concrete floor so nowt to damage. Plumber coming next week. (I hope). Car started ok this time so went for a short walk. Pity I couldn't do usual Saturday loony lady 1 walk while it was sunny.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

In danger of heat exhaustion here as the temperature soared to 4°C, though it's now back to 2° and on its way back to -3° tonight. Barometers are up an irrelevant amount at 1012/1020mB

Comment

In the chip shop

Comment

Currently watching Strictly.

Temp outside is apparently -1 but tomorrow it will be warm!
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And Ranger Hamza gets it.

And he's crying.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      In the chip shop
                      Nice enough

Comment

Working...
                      X