• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey start out, and not very warm at 5°C. It's expected to reach 9° later. The barometers are down some more at 999/1007mB

Now having my coffee while waiting for the solicitor to call…

Comment

Text from the Halifax, thanking me for choosing them as my mortgage provider and advising me about the date and amount of my first payment. So I assume that means they've handed over the money to my solicitor, and things are actually going to happen

Comment

Morning all
        Mist in the valley, blue skies around, and it's a black bin day
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Solicitor called, soliciting authorisation to proceed on my behalf, which I graciously granted. Now, we wait…

Comment

Morning.

Damp, no current precipitation.

Grey.

Sunless.

Notsocold at 14 deg in here, 15 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.562 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 76% RH (finally going down after extracting gallons of water with the dehumidifier).

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming, but not gleaming as much as it was during Friday's washing trauma.

While back on 9th March 2019 there was much talk of distillation, the foxiness of Jamie Lee Curtis (), how young Arnie looked in "True Lies", and how wet DaveB became whilst walking The Dog(tw) in a semigale plus monsoon, also John from down the road was found dead in bed which explained why I hadn't seen him for a while.

Which mention of distillation reminded me of:

https://www.ehow.com/how_4701397_make-applejack.html

Which only requires a freezer. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the not very warm sunshine.

Shopping trip to Halfords, Lidl(tm), and Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

No spanners or screwdrivers were purchased during this trip. .

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of not so toasted toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.77 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The newly acquired Lidl(tm) temperature/humidity thingie is currently telling me it's 14.7 deg in here with 63% RH, while the GDR horsehair version alleges it's 76%.

Bought some Lidl(tm) strings of leds to fit to my homemade light box (pcb stencils for the looking at of). Just about bright enough, and 200 leds should distribute reasonably easily.

Draught excluder strip added to the back door: seems to do the job. The howling gale now enters via the keyhole.

Tea: the first of the batch of lentil <pfffft> soup, as tasteless as ever though the chilli seems to have spiced it up a bit, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91* 1.65 pints of good Glengettie tea. And a slice of toast with marmalade, because I'm worth it.

Entertainment: PM until they started discussing unpleasant stuff whereupon it went <click>.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E11 1970 VW Flashback (according to the EPG). . It's actually a VW Type 3 Fastback. Various gaskets. Fuel sender (what a clever design!), recovered seats, readjusted suspension ride height. Bought: $7k, Total: $7,977, Sold: $11k. A profit. Wot a thing.

Abandoned Engineering. I'd be amazed if there's any engineering involved. Turns out it's a repeat, so watched the earlier one which had the Titan 1 Missile silo exploration.

I suppose it makes sense there's a Titan 1 since there was a Titan II. The Titan 1 was lox plus kerosene, whereas the Titan II was full of storable but extremely noxious propellants, as evidenced by what happened when someone dropped a large socket down the silo at Damascus Arkinsas & punctured the propellant tank. It didn't end well.

Ghosts US S1 E7. Gosh. The hippy chick has an inneresting past. .

Oak Island nutjobbery S9 E12 "The silver liner". Feck me. Tedious beyond tedium: finds this week: bit of wood with a square hole in it, another bit of wood, a chunk of copper sheeting (which wasn't buried, just lying between two rocks on the beach). Feck all in the drill. Nutjob 32nd degree Mason with some theory about Spanish silver recovered from a wreck off Hispaniola. The swamp excavation done for the year.

Even the more brain dead among us (ergo me) can be fed so much bs before even we are like, "awww come on man do something interesting like accidently throw Gary down one of the can holes or something, I mean seriously of all the Brits you could have picked to be a metal detector "expert" (so basically he figured out how to turn it on) and you picked the bastard love child of dick van dyke and Lisa Tarbuck.

Repair Shoppe: cricket ball. Ship's wheel. Sailor doll. .
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 November 2022, 19:45.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Finally tested negative for the damn C thing. Out for walkies with loony lady 2 soon. Hopefully get bedroom and office redos finished this week after removal of the crappy old fitted cupboards. Then sort out all the junk in spare room that used to be in them, loads old CDs and stuff going back to Windows 98, even got box of box of floppy discs.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Early today because I'm still waiting…

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Finally tested negative for the damn C thing. Out for walkies with loony lady 2 soon.

Comment

I have a flat!

Unfortunately, I also have an appointment at the dentist in an hour, so I can't go and get the keys yet

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I have a flat!

Unfortunately, I also have an appointment at the dentist in an hour, so I can't go and get the keys yet
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X