• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bins trundled (general rubbish and food waste).

The last three episodes of Ghosts watched. Just the Christmas special to go when that turns up. Despite DrS bringing it to my attention, I'm not sure I'll give the US version a try.

Comment

Tea: spag bol. Really, really nice

There's loads of it left to go in the freezer too; some of it'll be moving with me

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was an Alfa Romeo 164L, which apparently is a kind of taxi.

And more of the gold diggers finished their seasons, though even if that's the lot, no doubt there'll be a new set of repeats starting tomorrow

Then an episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And then the new gold diggers SOS thing, with the experts advising them. It seems to me that most of the advice they could have got just by watching the programmes because in both of these so far it's been "riffle trays and water", though the geologist pointing out where they should have been digging definitely adds value

And finally, Tutankhamun in Colour on iPlayer, which features newly colourised photos and film of the discovery of the Egyptian king's tomb, and also covers the history pretty well

Still raining here. According to the radar, the belt of rain has just stopped over us and started going round in circles, so it's expected to continue till morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The car earlier was an Alfa Romeo 164L, which apparently is a kind of taxi.
            And a 3 litre V6 taxi at that.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 12.5 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 8.5 deg in the leanto.

986 mBar, 29.11686 in Hg, 739.56 Torr, 14.3 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH.

Tuesday.

Meanwhile on the 4th of March 2019 the NF Toyota had "passengered" its MOT, I'd been to that Cardiff to sort out the VR crap, and the highly irritating 2nd visit to fecking Carmarthen was still on. The urge to take the Glock was overwhelming.

And the Dilbert site & the gocomics site are still down. WTF?

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Make the most of it, it's down hill from here on in.

Now that's wot I call a cold shower. Proper cold. Though not cold enough to make my left wrist go white.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO. The thing at 13:45 about hairdressers: one a Boomer, the other not.

In a fit of insanity I decided to fit the (actually tertiary) plastic film double glazing to see if it makes much difference. The double sided tape was as contrary as it always is.

Vacuumed under stuff that hasn't been moved since spring just to piss off whatever is living in the carpet.

Used some furniture polish on stuff that requires furniture polish, which has removed some of the dust/mildew that was there. I think those speakers were £220 45 years ago when I bought them. Now they're just very expensive speaker stands for the speakers that live on top of them.

Tea: battered chunky cod (or maybe haddock), the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S15 E6 Volvo 850 T-5R. Nothing like the big Bloo Volvo 940 of yore. Bought: $7k, Total: $8k677, Sold: $13k999.

Maigret S3 E13 "The Amateurs". The dead burglar/armed robbery one.

The Rookie S2 E18 "Under the gun". The prison riot one.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 November 2022, 23:14.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with scattered wispy fluff. Dry and forecast to stay that way. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 10 expected. Barometer down to 990 mBar.

Slept quite well despite waking up around 4.30am to start coughing. Currently a dry cough but I'm sure that'll develop nicely over the next day or so.

Comment

As I have a new symptom I decided another covid test was worth doing. Still negative.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again but the rain has finally stopped, having continued through the night as predicted. Currently 7°C but might get to 8°, and the barometers are down even more at 978/986mB

Comment

Morning all

Late first post for me. The rain has currently abated.
                    Garden waste bin needs to come in.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Having reported my sniffles to the Covid trial people, I then had to take a call to describe my symptoms and confirm I had done at least one test and what the result was. They will call back at the end of the week to see if I'm still suffering even though we all know it's just a cold.

Comment

Working...
                      X