• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What a difference not working makes
    Yes, it's nice to have time for things that matter

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Sainsbury's has been gone to, because how else does one spend a day off

The alarm went off as I trundled my trolley out of the scan-as-you-go checkout compound, so I had to back up. The woman going round approving stuff was busy just then so I started lifting my bags one by one and waving them at the sensors to work out what it could be; and it turned out to be the whole shoulder of lamb

Lunch has been a much-reduced chicken leg from the lukewarm food counter
      Om!

Comment

The pub/microbrewery is shutting down at the end of the year!

I didn't realise me moving would have such a drastic effect on the local economy - particularly as I've only been there once since the pandemic started

Comment

Contract came through, so it's back to work tomorrow until a week on Thursday

And my replacement as Tech Lead has finally got his security clearance through and is starting this Thursday, so I'll have to try to fake some semblance of competence while answering his questions during the handover period

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse, accompanied by what I think are the last thick ends of seedy bloomer that I'd managed to save over the summer

Comment

Mars is looking very red as it rises over to the ENE

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Humvee, which is a silly thing to drive unless you're invading somewhere

And the opal hunters had their usual varied problems, though at least some of them seemed to be doing all right by the end

And then the latest episode of Ambulance which for some reason reckons it's started a new series, S10, though it's still in the northeast

Early night now as I gear up for the final eight days

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out (nominally "foggy" but that probably only applies out in the wilds) and chilly from the open skies at 4°C. Weather app is claiming it's a cloudy start, but there's literally not a cloud in the sky. Anyway, it's supposed to get to 17° later (because of all the sunshine) and the barometers are rocketing back up at 1019/1027mB

Comment

Morning all
                      CBS, 8oC out. Very pleasant walk earlier, but I already regret looking at work emails as a project manager has just pinged me.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X