• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There isn't half a lot of paperwork involved in buying a place. I just spent nearly an hour on an email to my solicitor asking questions about all the stuff she sent yesterday, most of them from my brother's comments.

I'm surprised they don't ask if you have a close family member who's a lawyer when they take you on, so they can add a few hundred quid to the bill for all the extra questions they'll have to deal with
    Om!

When I sold a leasehold flat to buy a house, I noticed that all the questions from the buyers my solicitor were passed straight onto me.

I then had to reply telling my solicitor to tell the buyer's solicitor to tell the buyer which section of the leasehold agreement answered their question.

It definitely felt like I was the only person who read the leasehold agreement.

Daft stuff like "please confirm the wooden flooring you have installed is allowed" - "please read section x.x.x where it states 'only the basement flat can install wooden flooring'. Please be reminded the property you are buying is the basement flat."

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Daft stuff like "please confirm the wooden flooring you have installed is allowed" - "please read section x.x.x where it states 'only the basement flat can install wooden flooring'. Please be reminded the property you are buying is the basement flat."
      There's something in mine about "distemper all ceilings". I strongly suspect that's left over from some ancient legal text and is universally ignored. Do B&Q even sell distemper?

Comment

There's something in mine about "distemper all ceilings". I strongly suspect that's left over from some ancient legal text and is universally ignored. Do B&Q even sell distemper?
        https://www.littlegreene.com/paint/f...shes/distemper

It doesn't seem to be very popular this millennium, oddly enough.

On the 23rd of January 2019 NF was eating cake.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 October 2022, 18:31.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I see they sell limewash as well. Luckily, I don't have to do any outhouses

Comment

I see they sell limewash as well. Luckily, I don't have to do any outhouses
            Ideal for limewashing the pigsties IIRC.

I think there's a tub of slaked lime in the one down the garden, feck nose how long it's been there.

On January 22nd 2019 WTFH had a baked potato for lunch, unlike NF & his cake.

Comment

Tea has been a roast pork dinner, which was very nice indeed

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ideal for limewashing the pigsties IIRC.

I think there's a tub of slaked lime in the one down the garden, feck nose how long it's been there.

On January 22nd 2019 WTFH had a baked potato for lunch, unlike NF & his cake.
                Well, that's the thing - we're not allowed any pigsties, so no need for limewash

Comment

Well, that's the thing - we're not allowed any pigsties, so no need for limewash
                  Which reminded me of the episode of Hill Street Blues where someone had a cow in a 4th floor apartment.

It didn't end well.

Meanwhile on 23rd January 2019 I was awaiting news of the VR bung, whilst NF was curl-ing HTTP responses & using a hex editor to view them.

I used to do stuff like that without the curl bit.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 October 2022, 21:57.

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Mercedes 500 SEC. It lacks middle door pillars, so probably best not to roll one on its roof with the windows open

Then the opal hunters did reasonably well, and also a couple of the groups had to do bulldozer repairs in the field, which is always interesting to watch

And finally, an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E featuring a mechanic who was working on his own car when it rolled forward and crushed him against a wall. You don't get that on Wheeler Dealers, or at least they don't show it

Early night now so I can do… well, probably not a lot tomorrow. There isn't much for me to do, because there's no point me taking anything on that might take longer than the end of the week. I should probably write some documentation or something

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X