• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's viewing started with an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And then a more recent episode of The Repair Shop featuring a nice old Philips radio and a very fine elephant called Pookie

And this afternoon, I got my mathematically generated Möbius strip rendering in 3D, both on my MacBook Air and on the iPad Pro

Goodnight all

Oops, looks like I forgot to post this ​​​​​​​

Comment

Morning denizens

Mostly cloudy out and a touch chilly this morning, at 7°C. Might get to 18° later though. The barometers continue upwards at 1018/1026mB

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies, sunshine, 8oC out.
        The leaves are beginning to change colour.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Vaguely wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 16.1 deg, 17.5 in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto. Noticed last night that there's condensation in the leanto. It's that time of year again.

1021 mBar, 30.16 in Hg, 766.04 Torr, 14.8 psi, (down from 1023 last night), 74% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing nicely.

Meanwhile back in 15th January 2019 NF was eating health food, whilst I was watching "The Eagle has landed(1975)" which I found acceptable even in a 4:3 transfer (at 50p per copy).

Shopping trip to Boots & Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Shopping trip to Lidl(tm) (the first in about 3 years IIRC) done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Bought two sets of SDS drill bits (defence in depth), a thing for profiling stuff, a thingie for doing door hinges, and a pair of elongated sidecutters.

I managed to resist the temptation to buy More Spanners or the bench grinder polisher (which looked a bit feeble).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed soya & linseed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the Hermes rebrand (spend all the money on the rebrand & keep the service crap), the TPS, dogs, and how dire it was to be stuck in a care home once the plague had struck (hums "The song thrush and the mountain ash" to himself).

'Ere, there's a last verse to that I've never seen before where he sees the reflection of the song thrush and the mountain ash in the hospital window.

Food waste now in the approved (20 years ago) food waste recycling containers which are very likely not the ones they use these days but there you go.

Various jars washed out & added to the glass recycling.

Noted that the various scruffy pots & pans thrown out by Strangelove Sis have returned inside next door. .

Walk (abbreviated due to hedge cutting and an overwhelming feeling of I can't be arsed to go any further) walked.

Quite a pleasant afternoon, it must be said.

In a fit of enthusiasm the bucket of semiconductors extracted from the skip at Wolsey Comcare was added to Ze List.

It would appear that I have about 40 processors for a long obsolete telephone, and they're all OTP and completely useless.

Alongside that there's roughly 1000 TC4001BP cmos chips. I've never used one 4001 much less a thousand of the damn things. At least they're DIL rather than SO14.

Some hacking of the rose on the patio, it's self planted & has in its entire existence had exactly two flowers. I've warned it & warned it, but did it listen?

There's also a reel of 5000 SOT23 somethings or other marked ADp. No idea WTF they are but I've got 5000 should the need arise. .

Allegedly it's a BCW60D. Whatever that is.

Turns out what I read as "TL074" makes no sense, it's actually "ILD74" which is a dual optocoupler.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I noticed that the corner yogs have gone up to £3.50 for 6 in Morrisons. Won't be paying that.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E5: I think this one's a clip show.. (No, that's on Friday.) Ford Mustang GT 1988 V8 5.0 litre. Bought for $2500, with $5k spent on it. Sold for $9k2.

Fed Dibnah driving a traction engine to some foundry somewhere they appear to speak lowland Scots.

Abandoned Engineering S10 E5 "Drone Wars". Town blown to bits in the caucasus. Town on Sicily that took 14 years to rebuild. Prison in Kansas City. Something else that proved to be of so little innerest that I've forgotten already.

Oak Island Nutjobbery S9 E5 "Hatching the plan" Zena's map. Aha! 4 8 15 16 23 42. Works every time. . Al ist klar.

In other news they find, you guessed it, more fecking wood. And some iron spikes. And a beam.

The Repair Shoppe: WWI military compass with radium paint.

Here's how hot it might be: 3 min 30 in after his waffle:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 October 2022, 21:35.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Sun is scheduled to break through the cloud this morning before disappearing back under its blanket later in the day. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

HWMBO arrives this afternoon as he decided on the spur of the moment on Friday to visit for a few days.

Comment

Lunch was provolone cheese and porchetta in a fresh baked roll.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

And the lunch I was too busy to record was chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Busy out, for they are doing football tonight

Comment

Tea has been peppery sausage & onion casserole with chips and peas, and was very tasty indeed

Comment

Working...
                      X