• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Day at beach at Rottingdean was nice. Very windy but quite warm & sunny. Only downside was the traveling. Impossible to go anywhere these days without long traffic jams and diversions.
    I've cured that problem.

I don't go anywhere.

Other than Tesco, Morrisons, Wilko, and if needs be, B&M.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Yeh. Thinking of withdrawing into my compost heap.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Speaking of going places, I'm going to the chip shop

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Speaking of going places, I'm going to the chip shop
          Very nice too

I have a new upstairs neighbour, it seems. I heard some movement up there earlier today, and lights are on. They haven't picked up the two water rate bills addressed "To the occupier" of their flat that have been awaiting them in the hall

Comment

New series of men who are very good at putting on make up.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My brother washed my car for me.

We talked about arrangements. Mum got a bit overwhelmed but is otherwise putting a very brave face on things. I'm trying to figure out what to do with Dad's will and whether we have anything official to do as it all goes to Mum. Will call the solicitor on Monday and find out how much old rope costs this week.

I took meter readings. Will attempt submission tomorrow.

Good drive home, nice and clear all the way. Probably picked up a speeding ticket as a result.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture rewatch was Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula (2020) which is very good

And then another episode of The West Wing, being the first one about the big block of cheese.

Early night now; maybe I'll get some stuff done tomorrow. We shall see

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Wet out. Looks like I won’t be making any apple juice this morning, good job I did 15l of cider yesterday from the windfalls.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry (in that it's not raining yet).

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts, black sky in other parts.

Cold in here at 16.3 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.74 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 74% RH.

Sunday.

Meanwhile back in 14th January 2019 NF was variously putting up Monday links & getting the car serviced (is that a thing then?), whilst I was afflicted with earth moving levels of flatulence.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Got quite warm towards the end.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Mark Steele in Paris. A lot of it is passing me by since it's in French. Sounds like a good place not to go.

Freecell score in avoiding going out in the sun: 85%, running average 85%. And it took ages to get it back up to 85%.

Tea in the really can't be arsed mode: more Mr Brains' faggots with peas & such like, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: watched a bit of the Talking pictures thing about Forgotten Footage or somesuch. There were daleks.

Couldn't find anything to watch so it was Freecell: 85%, running average 85%. Took even longer to get back up to 85% this evening.

"1978: Winter of discontent" on 5. Ah, dear dead days beyond recall.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 October 2022, 22:11.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Some chance of sunshine later. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

In Windsor for my walk. I chose the 6.5km route to try and justify the sponsorship I've collected. There's still time to donate!

Comment

Working...
                      X