• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey start out, though the overnight showers have allegedly stopped now. Currently 10°C with a possible 16°, and the barometers are trivially up at 994/1001mB. London later is forecast to be a bit brighter and one degree warmer

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Colder at 15.7 deg in here, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1000 and a bit mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up a tad from last night), 73% RH.

Thursday.

Another dream of university. Feck me, that was nearly half a century ago, WTF?

The recycling engineers made their way up the road earlier, successfully removing the incredible quantity of crap extracted from next door.

The various bins and bags brought back in & returned to their usual places.

Which returned me to the doings of 9th January 2019 where it was even chillier than it is now.

Discovered who was turning on the security lights last night: a hedgehog.

Apparently today is the calm before the storm: if it dries up a bit I'll do the washing.

Sun's out.

Smalls are in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent sunshine & grey gloom.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

The shirts are approaching the level of dryness for meeting the iRon.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: pegging out the washing. Y&Y. TWAO. Thing about rare earths at 13:45.

Shirts roughly iRoned.

More work on the recycling and binbagging done: the amount of stuff that was way past its BBE is remarkable, the packaging for which will meet the bonfire tomorrow when the deluge begins.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E3 1977 Honda CVCC. Gosh. It's yellow. With a magick engine.

The Sweeney S4 E11 "hearts & minds": the one with Eric & Ernie.

Trucking Hell S6 E something.

The Sweeney S4 E12 "Latin Lady" who isn't, fair dinkum.

The Sweeney S4 E13 "Victims": a corrupt cop gets shot & Haskins' wife isn't well.

Mach a Seo! Deeside & the Cairngorms.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 September 2022, 22:28.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with fluff. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 16 expected. There might be a shower early evening. Barometer up a squeak to 1000 mBar.

I need to do some laundry today.

Comment

But I spy a zen on the horizon

Comment

Hopefully I can post enough waffle quickly enough

Comment

Before anyone else sneaks in

Comment

And steals the glory

Comment

That is so rightfully

Comment