• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Woke from a nightmare about purchase orders FFS.

Freecell score: 100% of 15, running average 85%.

Freecell score: 60%, running average 85%.

Dry.

Was dark, now light, blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 17 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto: condensation on the bedroom window, haven't seen that for a while.

1018.5 mBar, 30.07 in Hg, 763.93 Torr, 14.772 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 73% RH.

Sunday.

Another Sunday of waking at 05:25.

Lovely.

Meanwhile, back in 6th January 2019, I was carting crap down to the dump. Funny how nothing changes. You'd think that 3 years later there wouldn't be 15 binbags of crap to be variously burned or composted. Unbefeckinglievable.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine and chilly cold breeze.

Upon returning some sorting of papers in the paper box took place to optimally utilise the space available and extract the extraneous plastic etc. that shouldn't be in there in the first place.

About £30 of in date Tesco thingie found: along with £15 of expired Tesco thingies.

Two curtain rails put up.

Naturally enough it was a grade A pain in the arse what with the dot and dab and the design of the fixings being even more of a pain in the arse.

The Lidl(tm) SDS drill did sterling work while the ancient Halfords(tm) 18V battery drill & screwdriver also helped out.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, bramble jelly & marmalade on silces of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast.

A third curtain rail put up, this time in the back bedroom.

The final fixing involved the living room mirror.

After which it was time to pack all the tools away & leave them to it.

IC was off to play the organ (oooooer Mrs) in church (denomination undefined at this time) while Mrs IC is doing whatever the feck it is she does on a Sunday afternoon whilst he's off playing the organ.

I, on the other hand, am now so knackered I couldn't do anything else anyway.

Strangelove Sis took away a redundant table, a dead microwave and some other tat.

I, on the other other hand, firkled about with assorted binbags extracting papers for recycling before sticking the remainder in the glasshouse.

Tea: Mr Brains' faggots with peas & other veg & lots of pepper :, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

If I can summon the energy I'll do the dishes shortly.

Entertainment: bits of the Oak Island nutjobbery repeat: the one where the consequences of finding "First Nations" pottery come home to roost.

Dr Pimple Popper: lady with a large cyst on the back of her head, bet it's a pilar and full of goo nah it's a lipoma.

The Repair Shoppe: samovar, postcard album, sausage making machine.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 September 2022, 21:48.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      Gardening and tip run on the job list this morning, followed by friends turning up for lunch.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

A good night's sleep was had. No alarms set either

It's patchy cloud out, so the sun comes and goes on a fairly rapid cycle. Currently 11°C, 16° on the cards for later, and the barometers are very slightly up at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, some wispy and some fluffy clouds. Dry. Fresh breeze. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

Bed stripped and airing. First load in the WM. Remembered to press the 'time saver' button to see how much time it actually saves.

Comment

The injection site on the arm is a lot less painful today, though still a little sore

Still feeling a bit more run down than I would expect normally though

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Blue sky, some wispy and some fluffy clouds. Dry. Fresh breeze. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

Bed stripped and airing. First load in the WM. Remembered to press the 'time saver' button to see how much time it actually saves.
              I’ve learnt from NF that you can only use these time saver buttons with light/half loads. I’ve stopped using them as I would have needed 2 loads at a time (I know, just do them more often).
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Lunch has been corned beef and seedy bloomer butties

And the mundane laundry has been done and draped

I know the time saver button on my washing machine is only supposed to be for half loads. But it's possible other machines have more advanced time-saving capabilities

Comment

Wash everything on "Economy" set to 40 deg C.

Never ever use "Cottons" coz it takes halfway to forever, or 3.5 hours whichever is slower.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I can't tell if the time saver function made much difference as there's no timer display and life is too short to measure the cycle times.

All bed linen laundered. Must remember to make the bed before bedtime.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Wash everything on "Economy" set to 40 deg C.

Never ever use "Cottons" coz it takes halfway to forever, or 3.5 hours whichever is slower.
                      I mostly use "Quick Wash", which is 30° and about 35 minutes and seems adequate for average purposes. If stuff needs a bit more of a clean, I'll upgrade to "Synthetics" which is 40° and takes a bit over an hour. And for stuff that tends to get a bit musty between washes like towels, I'll go for the "Cottons" cycle, which is 60° and getting on for two hours - but I have to remember to change the spin down from 1600rpm, which always feels like it's going to bring down the kitchen in the flat below, to 800rpm

The "Time Saver" button knocks about half-an-hour off IIRC, though I don't think it can be used for the Quick Wash.

Comment

Working...
                      X