• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are, finally, up

Comment

Tea: roast gammon, chips, fried eggs and beans

Comment

Evening all

TNCB 122055Z 08016KT 050V120 CAVOK 32/22 Q1009

Today’s dive sites. - Pink Beach so named because of the pink looking salt flat opposite where the flamingos frequent. Larry’s Lair and finally Angel city (again but different route).

Comment

The car earlier was a Rover P5B which we already saw back in March. Taxed until next June, no MOT required

And after that, surprisingly, there was an episode of the opal hunters. Series before last, I suspect. Anyway, that's back now.

Whilst dining I watched the not-often-on-the-motorway police show than that keeps going off on irrelevant tangents. Unfortunately, this made me forget that the gold hunters were on, so I missed the start of that. But it was much as usual, judging by the rest of it

No moon tonight, or not yet, as it's too cloudy

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well yesterday I agreed to my highest day rate ever, which converts into my second lowest ever* once it’s been through the inside mill.

Thank God I no longer do this for a living…

*My first ever non-training contract was my lowest.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Well yesterday I agreed to my highest day rate ever, which converts into my second lowest ever* once it’s been through the inside mill.

Well it's only the highest rate ever because the agency quoted a made up rate that they shouldn't be using. The actual advertised rate should be a PAYE rate after holiday pay has been deducted.

And yesterday I had multiple agents complaining that their current issue isn't rates - it's the fact that few people are willing to take even hybrid roles because of travel costs....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny sort of start, though it wasn't supposed to be; I suppose it's kind of cloudy, just not at all thick cloud. Getting cooler though: 11°C now, but picking up a bit to 20°C later. Barometers are trivially up at 1005/1012mB

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Welcome back to the fold

What eek said ↑

Comment

Morning all
                      Currently windy with a bit of rain as I remembered to take the garden waste out. Yesterday's bins didn't get emptied, I will have words.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X