• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much rain off and on. Having a bit of a thunderstorm at present

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I used my phone to make lidar scans of the rooms, so I'll get them into a 3D modelling thing and work out if I'll fit
      Is there an app for that? This so would have come in handy when I was looking for a new place.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Is there an app for that? This so would have come in handy when I was looking for a new place.
          It's called Scaniverse and although it used to be free-but-pay-for-the-good-bits, it's completely free now - though it needs a phone that has lidar, of course, which luckily my iPhone 12 Pro Max does

https://scaniverse.com/

Comment

The car earlier was a VW Thing (that's what it's called, not me making up a name because I've forgotten), which I'd seen before, but I didn't see much of it this time as I was watching the Apple iPhone/iPods/Watch Event

And then the latest episode of Inside Central Station

Can't believe it's almost Thursday. Going to be the weekend soon at this rate

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

EHAM 080655Z 19008KT 9999 -RA FEW008 BKN042 16/15 Q1007 NOSIG

-RA light rain here in Amsterdam

quizzes not done yet as I’m going to be sat in the lounge for the next four hours.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, though with some thinner patches where the sun almost gets through from time to time. No rain at the moment, but it's in the post. Currently 15°C, 19° is the expected high, and the barometers are down a little more at 996/1004mB

Comment

Morning all it was raining earlier, so our walk consisted of going round the garden a couple of times.
                  Sun's out now.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Damp.

Cool in here at 20.9 deg.

996 mBar, 29.411 in Hg, 747.1 Torr, 14.445 psi, (down from 998 last night), 73% RH.

Thursday.

Won't be drying the washing on the line today, then. .

Meanwhile in the halcyon days of December 20th 2018, NF was but thinking of going Xmas shopping, MS was but feeling a little better, and I was too <cough> <wheeze> <sneeze>.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, another yog, bramble jelly and marmalade slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y: something about a lady doing debt relief advice.

Some nonsense about vinyl records and turntables. Who'd have thunk they'd be back?

Managed to avoid buying Yet Another Copy of DSOTM on vinyl last year.

And, following 18 minutes of waffle, the wireless just went <click> there being a limit to my tolerance of analysing such things to the n^99th degree.

Freecell score in the intermittent deluge: 88% (and it took a lot of work to get it there, being 67% for a while), running average 85%.

More potching on the mechanics of the electric field mill, adding a photosensor for vane position.

Entertainment: the sciencey things on R4 from 16:00 to 17:00, whereafter <click> due to endless fruitless speculation merely to fill airtime.

Tea: chilli con carne (final portion) with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: currently my tinnitus.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E8 the one I watched last Sunday about the Desoto IIRC.

I've got an apron like the one MB is wearing in the chrome plating place.

If it rains between 19:00 and 20:00 then a bonfire.

The Sweeney S2 E3 "Supersnout": the one with Bill Maynard.

Trucking Hell S6 E2: no Rory I would hazard a guess. Guess was correct.

Discovering Al Pacino on Sky Arts: watched it before but always worth a look.

The Sweeney S2 E4 "Big Brother": the one where Ford Prefect is A Bad Man's little brother, dead collapsed on the floor of an interview room

or maybe some UFO bollox on Blaze.: fecking Ancient Aliens: give it a miss

RIP EIIR.

There are 36 BBC channels all recording this fact, along with blank screens for BBC3 & 4, along with 22 radio channels running the same radio programme.

Then again, apparently there were days of mournful music when George VI passed away and no competition for the Beeb other than Radio Luxembourg (at a guess).
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 September 2022, 22:39.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Happy to report KL is dismal.

Comment

Working...
                      X