• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recycling bin has been trundled forth

None of my recycling in it as I don't even have half a bag full, but there was enough from other people to make it worth putting out

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips, specifically, Sainsbury's ribs in a sweet and spicy glaze. Quite nice, though where they get the idea that one pack will serve four from, I do not know; one meal and two lunches/snacks as far as I'm concerned

Comment

The football folk are streaming past on their way home

Comment

Took The WifeTM to Lilac in Lyme Regis for her birthday dinner.

Had a great meal, and now TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            According to the spiel the guy who bought it was a Brit, so maybe it came to the UK?
            Could be, but no way to look it up without a registration number

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

And now, and in Colour(tm), I give you: Trucking Hell (new according to the EPG).

Yup. Looks new to me: the only sign of Rory was in the title sequence.
            It's now available on My5: S6E1

The car earlier was an MGA; very nice once they'd finished with it

Later, more of that motorway police programme that's largely not on the motorway and often about something else happening somewhere else years before

And finally, the Air Crash Investigation into Germanwings Flight 9525, which the First Officer deliberately flew into an Alp after locking the Captain out of the cockpit

Friday tomorrow. It may only have been a four day week, but I still think three days would be better

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with signs of overnight rain. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 24 expected. No further rain forecast. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

^^ Good news re Trucking Hell

Off to see the parentals today and to take my mum into town to see what we can about one of her ISAs. Then I'm just left with Aldermore and I think I might just phone up, pretend to be her and see what happens.

My brother did have a bit of a hoo-ha while I was away with her trying to buy a replacement car because "some f****r has stolen mine". She's never bought a car in her life and was somehow planning on spending 25k on a Mokka on eBay

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, with drizzle imminent. Currently 16°C and maybe soaring to 24° later, so quite mild. Barometers distinctly down at 1008/1016mB, though; looks like a rainy week to come, and even a chance of thunderstorms

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 020720Z AUTO 07010KT 9999 NCD 17/14 Q1014=

Wordle - done
                  Worldle - done
                  Heardle - done (surprisingly)
                  Nerdle - done
                  Phrazle - done
                  Globle - done, although the one other lesson apart from how bad my geography is, is how appalling my spelling of countries is.

TFIF!

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Was sunny, now grey.

Cool in here at 20.6 deg.

1009 mBar, 29.795 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (untapped last night but showing 1018 from earlier), 70% RH.

Friday.

Meanwhile back in December 15th 2018, NF went to the Chinese where the lady was complaining of the cold and I watched some obscure film or other, whilst he finished off the Alien franchise with IV, the most impressive shot of which is the backetball into the basket.

Walk (unabbrevaited) walked in the unexpectedly warm sunshine.

Quite Simpsonsesque out there.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on toasted sunflower & pumpkin seed, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some lying Tory on Antisocial on R4.

TWAO.

Some decimation of the brambles, some branches hacked of the goat willow.

Five and a half lawns mown so totally & abjectly fecked now.

Two and a half buckets of apples consigned to the compost heap, making a grand total of 100.5 buckets this year, along with a bucket of pears.

Tea: M&S ancient lightly dusted plaice, a yog, some fruit cocktail, another yog (they're BBE 28/8), 0.91 pints of good Glengette tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S12 E4 BMW 2002 tii: bought for $7750, and it took another $13k to get it fettled: those mechanical fuel injection systems appear to be a dying art.

Car SOS: Lancia Fulvia 1968: like most Italian cars it seems to have kept Plastic Padding in business. IIRC this one was actually a scrapped car that was taken of the pile with a fork lift, tarted up & sold to a mug.

Yup, that was the one. There wasn't much left after the soda blasting.

Just as well there's a chap in that Wrexham who make panels for the damn thing.

The engine had a bent conrod, probably caused by a water lock from a leaky head gasket, the engine took a lot of fettling.

The MOT ran out in November 2020.

The Cotswolds and Beyond with Pam Ayres: only watched the bits about the arboretum and Stone Henge.

David Gilmour Live in Gdansk is currently muted since most of it seems to consist of "On an Island" something I've managed to listen to exactly once, much the same as "The Endless River" really.

Brit Floyd is doing "Comfortably Numb" instead.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 September 2022, 08:09.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Off to The Newt today.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X