• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all (It's 0740 here)

Overcast. Currently 27 degrees with a high of 29 expected. Forecast is for sunshine occasionally interrupting the showers.

We forgot to bring our preferred Nespresso pods so coffee is whatever random selection the hotel offers. We did express a preference, which was acknowledged but ignored. Fortunately there's plenty of shops selling the stuff so we can pick some up when we're out.

Comment

We borrowed an umbrella from the hotel, thus ensuring it won't rain while we're out. Nespresso pods have been procured. Killing time until it's acceptable to go to the Long Bar in Raffles for a Singapore Sling.

Comment

Morning all
        TFIF, etc
        CBS, etc
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all,

METAR EGFF 260720Z AUTO 10005KT 9999 FEW024 BKN028 BKN034 16/13 Q1020

Day off today so we're off the the wildlife photography exhibition at the museum in town.

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes and off to Sainsbury's, where the shopping was accomplished. I don't recall seeing any other masked people, though I'm not very observant at that time in the morning. I did realise that it was the time of day when numerous Sainsbury's staffers were out picking the bits for delivery orders, and can confirm that they don't subject items they pick off the shelves to the same stern scrutiny I give them. On the other hand, I usually don't actually know what I'm looking for, so maybe I should just save myself some time and not bother

It's a thinly cloudy day out, with the sun threatening to break through at any minute. Currently 13°C with 22° predicted, and the barometers are up a bit more at 1012/1020mB

I need to pop out shortly and retrieve the recycling bin, if the bin folk have been since I got back

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Misty.

Chilly in here at 20.8 deg.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1013 last night), 72% RH.

Friday.

It's Friday? Why does it feel like Saturday then?

Looks like the Great Washing Decision was correct. Who'd have thunk?.

Meanwhile back on 8thDecember 2018, I was cooking Sunday lunch on a Saturday evening along with lentil <pfffft> soup for some unknown reason, whilst the bedding wash had been completed successfully, and NF had bought Xmas presents on Amazon & visited the Chinese takeaway, it being Saturday evening.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato (this last a bit wrinkly but no black spots) on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade on separted slices of Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed lightly toasted toast (unlike the dark brown to black in places other toast), red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some guff on R4 about students, universities & trigger warnings, or at least it was on until the irritation level passed the acceptable limit thereafter <click> duly ensued.

TWAO waffled on about something or other, whilst it was followed by something that waffled on about Rayon(tm), this being one of the first of the artificial (or in the case of Rayon, semiartificial, it being made from cellulose) fibres.

Apparently it was Good Stuff according to Strangelove Mater, who, in addition to being SRN and SCM, had previously been a seamstress.

My final contract concluded, not on a Thursday, but rather on a Wednesday in 2003. Never found another one, presumably due to the lack of need for embedded assembler or C.

Tea: breaded haddock, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers: S11 E15: a roundup of the cars featured. Including the classic Oh Dear(tm) with the 4 barrel carb on a V8 setting the airfilter on fire and scorching the bonnet. Been there, done that, got the t shirt. There's a clip they use in nearly every ep that shows a backfire through a carb without an airfilter fitted. It's ever so impressive when the smoke comes out of the bonnet of a car that you own.

Car SOS: S7 E10: Citroen 2CV: I think this is the ep that shows the gubbins in the suspension things down the sides.

A very odd commentary on Alias S5 E12 "There's only one Sydney Bristow": junior members of the production staff.

Alias S5 E13 "30 seconds": two deaths and Rambaldi is back in focus.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2022, 22:21.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                We forgot to bring our preferred Nespresso pods ...
                Venezia or Palermo for me, for some reason Roma just doesn't do it.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Venezia or Palermo for me, for some reason Roma just doesn't do it.
                  Palermo (aka Kazaar) for HWMBO and India for me

Comment

After a decent time spent in Raffles, we moved on to AntiDote and then onto Atlas.

Now rather tipsy and back at the hotel trying to decide about dinner before we pass out

Comment

Lunch has been Heinz tomato soup with toasted bloomer - the last very small slices from the ends of previous seedy ones, and a thick slice of plain, as the seedy ones weren't yet out of the oven when I was shopping earlier

The recycling bin was successfully retrieved earlier

And word came from my agent that it has been discovered that my contract is actually supposed to end on the last Thursday of September rather than the last Friday

Comment

Working...
                      X