• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese after all
    And very nice too

They seem to have been busy; it took longer than usual, and the driver came in with a load of bags and, a little while later, left again with a load of bags stuffed to bursting

It was a driver I used to see all the time but haven't seen in at least a year, maybe two. Perhaps he doesn't usually work weekends any more?

Comment

There was a a new Police Interceptors to watch whilst dining

And the major motion picture premiere, Free With Prime™, was The Founder (2016) in which Ray Kroc nicks the idea for McDonald's from the McDonald brothers. I though it was pretty interesting

Early night now, for there is an Antipodean Zoom call in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh, now…

Comment

Mod Pali!

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warmin here at 23.8 deg.

1003 mBar, 29.61 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.547 psi (untapped), 70% RH.

Sunday.

Another of those dreams where I'm working somewhere I hate and end up leaving.

Fortunately sleep returned after waking at 06:15.

Meanwhile back in 28th November 2018, there were 119 working days left in Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde, and NF was debating the presence of the hamster in "Aliens", whereas WTFH was lighting a fire.

Where's the pyromaniac smiley & why haven't we got one?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unbearable heat which wasn't as hot as yesterday's heat.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly and marmalade toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Food Programme: fried chicken.

TWTW. More unadulterated joy.

Washed a pair of jeans & the cords I wear in the house, both getting pretty gamey, dried on the line in an hour and a half.

Something or other on That's TV, again so memorable I can't remember what it was.

Weird or Wot? with The WWWC avatar (I noticed he had a voice standin according to the credits): more parallel world crap.

Weird or Wot?: about something else that I've totally forgotten in the intervening 2 hours or so.

Walking through History: Tony Robinson wandering around Pembrokeshire relating the history of the invasion of the Norman bastards, as if the fecking Sais weren't bad enough.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Tony Robinson wandering around the Channel Islands inspecting the leavings of Adolph & Co.

Pacific War in Color: July/August/September 1945. It must be said that Curtis LeMay did as fine a job with napalm as the two atomic bombs managed.

Alias S4 E11 "The Road Home": the one where Jack offs an old student and Sydney gets a barman in trouble.

Alias S4 E12 "The Orphan": Nadia's back story along with the super duper glass laser amplifier thing.

Last 10 minutes of The Repair Shoppe: shooting stick, some embroidered thing.

Last 10 minutes of "Cold Pursuit" with that Liam Neeson chap driving a snowplough (or should that be snowplow?).

Searched for the dvd but haven't found it yet.

Finally found it after a prolonged search.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2022, 18:41.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny day, already up to 27°C outside and nearly 29° in here. The barometers, meanwhile, continue their steady downward march, being at 1001/1007mB

We've got a weather warning for thunderstorms from tomorrow for a couple of days, but at least it'll be a bit cooler as well

The Antipodean Zoom call has been done, so now I can start thinking about getting some breakfast. Not sure what to have though…

Comment

24.8oC inside, 29.8oC outside.

Just been prepping another batch of rhubarb & ginger jam, following yesterday’s visit to a horsey friend who has great rhubarb.

Comment

I had a toasted teacake with lashings of butter in the end

Comment

It’s a bit hot for soup, but the remains of the Big Chicken need to be used up so soup is being made

I may just freeze it all

Comment

Working...
                      X