• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grabs
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

the

Comment

pali

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          pali

sneaky!

Comment

Morning all

Another one of them mostly cloudless skies. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 28 forecast. Barometer up a touch to 1026 mBar.

Slept well, no 4am coughing fits but some sporadic coughs here and there. I *might* be finally getting better!

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.9 deg 15.6 deg in the salting house.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768.08 Torr, 14.85 psi, (up from 1022 last night), 70% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing brightly.

Which posting returns to 24th November 2018, where after futile attempts to watch "The English Patient", the 3:10 to Yuma had substituted, and NF was watching "The Bridge" S4.

More strange dreams. The .338 Lapua featured. As did a 3M white coat with the old pre1977 logo on the breast pocket. .

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (even more unabbreviated) walked in the late morning heat.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat & barley toasted crust, marmalade & bramble jelly sandwiches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y whining on about insurance fraud until it turned to pocket money whereupon <click> intervened.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 85% (84.86%).

It's cool in here. I think I'll stay in here for the duration of the inclement weather.

Tea: meatballs in tomato sauce with rice n peas, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E1 1984 Ford XR2. I was tempted to buy one of those back in the day but the insurance costs were outrageous at the time, probably twice what the much modified Granada was costing to insure. Finding a non rusty XR2 must be something of a miracle, even more so today.

American Restoration on Blaze: apparently there's a 1940s shoe fitting X ray machine on this. Oh good the 1889 apple corer is up first.

One of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe-f...ontrols.jg.jpg

Gosh. When turned on the radiation level overscaled the test instrument.

They restored it & substituted a lamp for the X ray tube, and stuck some X ray photos of feet inside.

Alias S4 E1 "Authorised Personnel Only Part 1": Yet Another Reset. It's A Thing, apparently.

Alias S4 E2 "Authorised Personnel Only Part 2": loved the UK Police Car: A Mk IV Zephyr 6, a bit odd really, I wonder where the feck they got that from in California.

Here apparently:

https://www.imcdb.org/v177129.html

It's the 4WD police version. Who'd have thunk?

Some bollox on Blaze about books missing from the Bible. Ancient Alien Researchers reckon it's All True. .

More bollox about Time Travellers on Blaze: The Roswell craft was a time ship.

Alias S4 E3 "The awful truth": Sydney's half sister is on the team. Sydney's mum got offed some time ago though this season is the first we've heard of it. Happy families
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 August 2022, 18:04.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

sneaky!
                You know me - my life is too boring to even warrant posting in TPD...

Comment

Actually not quite true

We sometimes head to a holiday cottage on a farm in Pembrokeshire.

The twin sons of the owner won a gold and bronze for Boxing at the Commonwealth games...

Comment

29oC out, and a slightly more bearable 23 inside.

The DogTW is snoring under my desk. When she was younger, she didn't snore for long as it tended to wake her up. Now that she can't hear much, I have to suffer with he background noise. Makes for interesting Teams meetings.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's too hot.

HMWBO is cooking lunch on the BBQ.

Another pointless UX Research session sat in on. Once again they managed to select someone who had not used the part of the product in question and give them the impression that we would be talking about a different part of the system.

Comment

Working...
                      X