• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the new BBQ through the house to the back garden was a challenge. A very lovely lad stopped by and saw us puzzling over how best to achieve it and offered to help. Help was accepted and he even gave us a tip on a local shop that sells good Mexican products.

I hacked away at some of the garden and now have more garden waste than can be accommodated in the council-issued bin (that I have to pay extra for). I know they offer garden waste bags as well as a wheely bin so will have to see if I am allowed to put out a mix of both.

EDIT: Nope, excess will have to wait a fortnight to be collected. Will have a go at squeezing it in as it dries out
    Last edited by ladymuck; 6 August 2022, 16:01.

Comment

Another horse and carriage! This one was very ornate, being open and white without any proper sides but a kind of arrangement of carved, curved struts that met in the middle of where the roof would be, so probably the bridal carriage to allow them to be seen and marvelled at. But there was nobody in it, so I assume they're heading back to the stables or wherever they live. Or they could be on their way to make a pickup, I suppose.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          And very nice too

There was another customer in there! I don't know what the world's coming to

Comment

All wood cut for new bit of decking, and I’ve Ronsealed it too. Tomorrow is assembly. Now it’s TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.5 deg.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768.06 Torr, 14.852 psi, (down from 1025 last night), 70% RH.

Sunday.

And back in 23rd November 2018 NF had just returned from shopping, though he'd not bothered with M&S, the lab had newly fitted blinds, I caught the 58 bus home, and there was some sort of food festival in Neath, causing irritation during the trudge to Morrisons.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warmish sunshine.

There's a classic car show in the grounds but I didn't bother wandering around it, on the grounds that I remember most of that stuff when it was new, it was crap then & is still crap now.

Down in town I think I spotted a Triumph GT6 Vitesse, though I may be mistaken, it certainly sounded grunty enough.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches (last of the bread), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Dan Do, the house programme on S4C Yng Nghyraeg, followed by some chap wandering around Cardigan Bay researching local names, again Yng Nghymraeg.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85% (84.86%).

Entertainment: a retrospective on Clint Eastwood made in 2007.

Tea: cumberland sausage with onion gravy, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

"The Jesus Strand: a search for DNA" more bollox on Blaze, this time doing DNA tests on the Turin Shroud. Oh, now the bones of John the Baptist who was the cousin of Jesus.

This stuff is halfway to being battulip crazy.

Hang on, The Templars just got a mention. .

turns out it's not JtB DNA but rather it's from one of the testers. .

Alias S3 E21 "Legacy": stuff happens. Rambaldi stuff. Automatic Writing programmed into her DNA.

Alias S3 E22 "Resurrection": more stuff happens. End of Season. Someone dies. Fade to black. Bit of a limp EOS, mostly due to the wunderkind changing focus to "Lost".
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 August 2022, 22:49.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

No cloud. Hot. Currently 25 degrees and that's thre high for the day. Barometer at 1025 mBar.

Have been pottering around the house today. Wanted to paint a patch of wall in the downstairs loo where the new cistern exposed bare wall but no matching paint found in the stash left by the landlady. HWMBO made pizzas in the new BBQ for lunch . Parentals phoned.

Looking for a gardener to cut back some hedging in the front garden that is massively overgrown.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out again, and up to 25°C as a harbinger of the coming week. It's not going to be quite as bad as a few weeks ago, but that's about all you can say for it. Barometers are down a little though, at 1017/1024mB

Comment

I neglected to record last night's films, so for posterity and just in case the throwback bug still hasn't been fixed in four years:

The major motion picture premiere was Sucker Punch (2011) which is well odd. I came close to abandoning it at around the fifteen minute mark but decided to persevere, and it gets better, but it's definitely very odd indeed

And then rewatches of Patriots Day (2016), which is pretty good, and The Post (2017), which is extremely good

Comment

Working...
                      X