• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Dizzly.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 21.1 deg.

1014 mBar, 29.943 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.7 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 68% RH.

Saturday.

Which posting deposits me back on 17th November 2018 wherein I ponder on the why's & wherefore's of purchasing another tv for some unknown reason.

Curiously, whilst yesterday the NF post shown in LR would take me to NF's post correctly, today's post by LM takes me to 17th November 2018 much as previously expected.

Moderately odd.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the misty moisty drizzly drizzle. It was rather pleasant in a damp sort of way.

Entertainment: Money Box (or whatever has replaced it for August) about the dire situation of poorer students.

Thank feck I did that before the days of £9k tuition fees & all the rest. The halls of residence deposit for one of them (back in 2009) was the same as my grant a the year.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The wireless went <click> when Miles Jupp's epic came on.

This afternoon, in the grey goom, we have The Peacekeeper Wars, being the miniseries that ends Farscape on a more reasonable note than yesterday's S4 E22 "Bad Timing" ever did.

Can't get over how little of this I remember whilst being word perfect on some of the ST oeuvre.

Then again I've never had any desire whatever to rewatch STOS, STNG, Voyager, DS9, or Enterprise (other than Carbon Creek which, for some reason, seems to float my boat, along with The Bell Riots and Little Green Men, which is funny).

Well that was long, 15:00 until 18:45. Might have been better if they'd split the days, the incessant battles got a bit wearing after the 2nd hour or so.

Tea (eventually): spag with fiery bol (last portion until I cook more), a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage with the non sweary version of Brian Cox.

Salvage Hunters: Restorers: never watched this before: this one was about changing a 1930s carpenter's bench into a dining table, repairing an Ecol Skull library chair (bookcase once side, drop leaf table the other, with an adjustable back to the seat), and most inneresting: an ancient animated figure of Frankenstein's monster.

Apparently it was important to retain the "patina" of the carpenter's bench. It had rather too much patina for my taste but then I'd never have paid £300 for it in the first place & certainly not the £1200 posited for the revised version.

Frankie was estimated to be worth £10k in his repaired and now functioning form. Innerestingly enough, the eyes & jaw were animated with yer bog standard RC servos, which makes sense since they're easy to control.

Alias S3 E3: "Reunion" wherein the exlovers are reunited as a team. There are fairly obvious reasons why this is unlikely but there you go.

Alias S3 E4: "A missing iink": wherein our heroine discovers more about here lost time. Someone gets stuck with a shiv.

Good to see that the now semitorrential rain has brought some relief to the local toads, who are venturing out after their long sojourn out of the heat.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 July 2022, 22:18.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright but cloudy. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Barometer edging up towards 1028 mBar but isn't quite there yet.

Woke about 4.30 am, coughed a bit, had some water, went back to sleep. Woke again around 7 am with gummed up, puffy eyes that were not willing to open. Made a coffee and went back to bed around 8 am. Eyes are still very watery and I've given up trying to get any makeup on.

Picking up a Zipcar in about 20 mins to take a load of stuff down to my new storage place. Ended up in Chiswick and not a more local one, although a 15 min drive is hardly a chore.

Comment

Storage visit done with a few of the lighter weight items that I felt up to carrying about.

It's always hard to judge how long you need a car for; ended up returning it 40 mins early. I guess that's how they make their money. The Ford Puma isn't the best car I've driven but it has a decent boot space so it will easily accommodate the rest of my tat when I feel up to doing the rest.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Nice grey day again, up to 21°C and possibly reaching 23° though drizzle is forecast to start soon. Barometers are down a couch at 1009/1017mB

It seems quite busy out, though as far as I know the association football company doesn't resume its business until tomorrow. But it appears, from a little Googling, that there's a special event over the river today to mark the resumption of trading. Not sure why they're having it here; I thought Wembley was the traditional venue for the soccer world's special occasions

Comment

Family do in Croydon. Ok as damn family things go.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the other Chinese
                  And very nice too

A woman came in while I was there and, as far as I could determine, ordered just egg fried rice and chips. Doesn't seem like much of a meal to me, but there's no accounting for taste

Comment

The DogTW is unwell, hopefully it’s just arthritis, but she’s currently off her face on painkillers so she can walk.

Was at a memorial service for the parents of a friend of ours, both of whom died in the last 6 months. Very nice service and then sandwiches with wine by 12:30. Not much achieved today.

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      The DogTW is unwell, hopefully it’s just arthritis, but she’s currently off her face on painkillers so she can walk.

Was at a memorial service for the parents of a friend of ours, both of whom died in the last 6 months. Very nice service and then sandwiches with wine by 12:30. Not much achieved today.

TFBSZ
                      <- for the Dog and anybody else who could do with one

Comment

Working...
                      X