• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely big full moon rising in the southeast

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a very nice 1960s Triumph TR4

And later viewing was more old 24 Hours in A&E because I couldn't be bothered finding anything else to watch

And in the interim, I managed to get some Apple game-related stuff that I've been tinkering with working

Down to 24°C in here now, which isn't as cool as it could be but I'll take it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          CBS, etc. Our walk earlier was quite amusing. One of the fields we regularly walk through (it has a footpath marked, and the farmer is friendly) has recently had the edge cut for hay. The farmer has bailed it yesterday. As we walked in, The DogTW noticed two big round bails, which spooked her out, so I decided to give them a wide berth. came to a third bail, where some of her dog friends have obviously been past last night or really early today, and once she had smelled them, suddenly the bails were fun and friendly.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

When I awoke, I thought it was going to be a cloudy start; but it turns out that was just one little clump of cloud low on the horizon that the sun happened to be sheltering behind just then, and it's a mainly clear blue sky and thus sunny. Cooler though, at 16°C now with no worse than 22° on the cards. Barometers are trivially up at 1015/1023mB. In here, it's 24° and 25.5° in different parts of the flat

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cooler as in notsowarm at 21.5 deg in here.

1020 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1019 last night), 70% RH.

Thursday.

After the disappearance of last week's bins, this week's have been brought back in, the recycling and waste disposal engineers having made their merry way earlier.

The forum now deposits me at November 1st 2018 after a post.

Dear dead days beyond recall, with hordes of keen enthusiastic Esteemed Customers helping to fill my days. :.

Walk (abbreviated, but less so than recently) walked in the cool breeze & warm sunshine.

Hedges trimmed, some strimming strimmed.

To add to the joy, discovered that one of the fluorescent fittings in the Tin Shed is tripping the trip. I wonder if I can do A Strangelove Bodge to avoid changing it completely. It's either the choke or the capacitor.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Sliced bread discussing sunglasses: turns out it's illegal to drive wearing filter category 4 coz they're too dark.

Possibly illegal to drive wearing cat 3 sunglasses if the windows are tinted.

Who'd have thunk it?

Three lawns mown and stuff strimmed here & there.

The fluorescent fitting turned out to be the choke, so a sheet of thick plastic and 4 tywraps served to insulate it from the body of the fitting.

It measured a 68k leak to the case which seems too high to trip the trip, but it did.

Entertainment in the cooling down phase: Discovering David Niven.

Ancient Aliens: The Alberta Badlands giant head.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E11 "Unrealised Reality": the down a wormhole without a spaceship one.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E12: 1976 Series III Landrover.

Hedy Lamar thing on BBC4.

https://www.philcorepairbench.com/ph...stery-control/

Apparently the inspiration for the frequency hopping.

Discovering Clint Eastwood.

More UFO bollox.

"Hennessy (1975)" with Rod Steiger was on Talking Pictures: saw that in The Carlton Cinema in Swansea back when it did its brief run.

Patsy Kensit was in it. Apparently.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073103/​​​​​​​
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2022, 22:27.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Blue sky with high level wispy cloud. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 24 later. A welcome breeze is about. Barometer is up a touch to 1023 mBar.

I hope that means I sleep better as I'm not enjoying waking up in the night.

Comment

Closed the kitchen window, that being the one letting the breeze in, as it was feeling a bit chilly - only 19°C out there! Probably nearly freezing with the wind chill

The old slippers had dried completely overnight, so the ones that were falling apart have been retired after several years of honourable service

Comment

Lunch has been some duck left over from the weekend

The window had to be opened again as the temperature started creeping up

Comment

It's a much more pleasant day today. Not looking forward to next week but I'll complain about that when it gets here.

Off to the dental hygienist later this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X