• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO went exploring the local shops and found a nice independent deli from which he procured some nice bread and other items for luncheon.

There's a bit of a breeze, which is a relief but it's still too hot. 29 degrees at the moment.

Comment

It's only 31 degrees here currently.

No wonder my washing is drying.

I'm sitting in a room with the curtains drawn to keep the sun out.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There has been a very short shower. I think some of the rain drops evaporated before they hit the ground!

Comment

Why isn't air conditioning a thing in Blighty?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Why isn't air conditioning a thing in Blighty?
            What for the 0 day to 7 days it is very hot every year?

Same reason we don't use snow tyres in winter. It doesn't get cold enough.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch has been a Parma ham sandwich, as that needs to be used up. There turned out to be quite a bit left, so in the end it became two sandwiches, one of which has been saved for later

And first thing this morning, I set the slow cooker to work on some veg and half a cooked gammon joint that had been sitting in the freezer for ages, taking up valuable space. In a while, I can blitz the veg and shred the meat, then chuck in peas and lentils; so tonight, there will be ham, pea and lentil soup

It's only up to 24°C here, still grey and supposedly with occasional showers (though I haven't noticed them). So I've had the windows open all day to get some cooler air in the place. It's only down to 27° so far though

Comment

Brain works much better PM. Got hardly anywhere with Telegraph Plusword this morning, went back to it just now and finished it in about a minute.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The soup has started upon the second stage of its journey into the light

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

X1/9 old chap.
                    That's the one

Couldn't see what they saw in it myself - the major selling point seemed to be that it wasn't as rusty as they usually are

Comment

Got quite a lot done today

Admittedly, a good chunk of it was rewriting some stuff one of the other devs had done in a bit of a hurry, partly tidying things up, and partly making stuff work the way Django expects and getting rid of the various workarounds that had been used to get it to work despite not being that way

But it turns out that buried deep inside this application is a rather good way of working, once you finally find it. I'm going to document it at some point, to save anybody else the trouble of having to spend months digging around before they find it

Comment

Working...
                      X