• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are, finally, up

Comment

Tea was chicken casserole with chips and peas

The car earlier was a Fiat something. And the opal hunters had variable luck, as is their wont

It's still too hot, though it seems it won't be quite as bad for a few days before becoming unacceptable again at the weekend

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all

CBS, etc.

A fairly sleepless night, so I might snooze through most of today's meetings.
          improving the customer experience then?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all
            a few clouds around, but no sign of rain

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Lots of odd coincidences at mo. Got a call from me bro in US last night, first time we've spoken in years, then email from only other bloke I'm acquainted with in US this morning.
              latest from USA

Call your old friends — they’ll be more grateful than you think | News | The Times
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Morning denizens

Overcast start out, and only 21°C out there compared to the 26.5° in here, so all the windows that can open are open to get a bit of cooler air flowing through the place. It'll be heading for 27° by this afternoon though, so I must remember to shut them again before lunch. We're even promised an 80% chance of rain before ten this morning! Barometers are trivially down at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The car earlier was a Fiat something. And the opal hunters had variable luck, as is their wont
                  X1/9 old chap. I didn't know one could braze with a TIG welder.

Turns out that one can't use gas brazing rods, rather one requires copper silicon rods.

Morning

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Hot in here at 23.1 deg.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

I've dispensed with the electric blanket and the duvet in recent days, now just using a sheet, and that from about 02:00 on once it's cooled down a bit.

The fridge in the "kitchen" is receiving the defrosting treatment this morning (and probably this afternoon too).

And the board returns me unbidden to 30th October 2018.

I had a pre-plague cough of some kind back then, and benylin wasn't cutting the mustard.

TV Times purchased. Hadn't seen any of the staff at the post office before.

Entertainment: defrosting the kitchen fridge.

Discovering John Wayne.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans (Morrisons, el cheapo & pretty good), indeterminate corner yog (some sort of yellowish gunge), marmalade sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until the quality of assorted telephone "lines" became too irritating to bear, thusly <click> was employed.

The noise of the trickle of water is having adverse effects.

Never mind, trotting up & down stairs more frequently is probly good for the heart.

Fridge duly defrosted. Took a while.

House roughly vacced, including Behind The Fridge.

Entertainment: Discovering Charlton "Cold Dead Hands" Heston.

Ancient Aliens bollox: Russia Declassified.

It's raining. And it's not evaporating as it hits. .

Tea: Tesco battered cod, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E9 "A Prefect Murder": the mind altering bugs on a bug free planet one.

Despite the rain it's still hot enough & close enough to boil a monkey's bum.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E10 1999 BMW Z3M whatever the feck that is. Rare apparently. Probly not as rare as a rust free Fiat X1/9 though.

It's much more enjoyable with the subtitles on and old MotorMouth 'oodYerAaandOut silenced.

Or it would be if the subtitles worked on this one.

He's uprating the rear subframe and refitting the missing rear antiroll bar along with the missing antiroll bar brackets.

MIG welding on this one rather than TIG.

Doesn't use gauntlets when he's arc welding. That's a good way to get sunburn, speaking from some experience..

FBI S1 E21 "Appearances". Presumably deceptive.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2022, 18:26.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Quite cloudy this morning. Currently 25 degrees with a high of 31 expected. Barometer down a touch to 1023 mBar.

Picked up a 3 tog duvet in the hope of getting some sleep but that ended up being kicked off the bed and HWMBO and I slept coverless, trying not to touch each other.

I am not looking forward to taking the Central Line later to my Portuguese class.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Picked up a 3 tog duvet in the hope of getting some sleep but that ended up being kicked off the bed and HWMBO and I slept coverless, trying not to touch each other.
                      The WifeTM got a new duvet for us recently from the Wool Room. I think it's 2.5 tog, seems to be doing a good job.

Comment

Working...
                      X