• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey start out, currently 15°C and expected to reach 19°, and a good chance of drizzle (up to 80%) through much of the day. The barometers, however, are up a little at 1008/1016mB

Last amoxicillin taken, but the infection clearly hasn't been dealt with so I'll have to try 111. It seems one of the emergency practices they refer you to has a surgery close by that's open weekends, so if the worst comes to the worst I'll just walk up there and see what they can do - another prescription for a stronger antibiotic, I assume

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      And then ST:TNG S5E9, A Matter Of Time (TV Episode 1991). A decent enough episode, though not one of the greats

Going to try to get to sleep while the paracetamol is still doing something (though not enough) now, the antibiotics having apparently fallen at the final hurdle
      Good to see dear old Mad Max Max Headroom again. Not that I remember much of that ep.

On the paracetamol thing, back in the day of impacted wisdom teeth I used to have a couple of paracetamol with a shot of gin to get to sleep.

Worked like a dream.

Morning.

Wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool at 19.1 deg.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (unchanged from last night), 72% RH.

Saturday.

Walk unwalked.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: an afternoon of dozing in front of the usual UFO bollox on Blaze.

No idea why, but that's what I did.

Tea: the first portion of fiery bol with spag, a couple of yogs, some peach slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Followed by the last cup of Black Gold coffee, the jar now being empty.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens: sound.

Ancient Aliens: MJ12. Forrestal's "Suicide". Kennedy assassination. Dear old Wernher's secret moonbase & Marsbase.

Ancient Aliens: Akashic Record. Bit like Rupert Sheldrake's morphic resonance thing.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 July 2022, 21:14.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright but quite cloudy with a decent amount of blue sky evident. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 later. Rain expected this evening. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

Just having a coffee and faffing about sorting things to take over to the new house. I've booked a ZipCar for 4 hours from 1pm so that ought to be long enough to get it done but I could always book it again tomorrow if need be. I have a route planned out and an order of doings. Sadly I can't get into my new storage place in Ealing until next week at the earliest but there's enough room at the house to cope with the extra tat for a week or two.

Some noisy car with a blarty exhaust has just made a racket down the road and set off a car alarm. I will not miss that. There are benefits to a cul-de-sac (it would be a through road but sensibly the council have blocked it off or else it would be a rat-run).

Comment

Morning (just)

Car washed
          Gardening done

Need to sort out rubbish and recycling

Then I can enjoy myself
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you find yourself with a spare 47 minutes, this is an interesting watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeuiFa9pI7c

A lecture by Rowan Atkinson that someone unearthed and put on YouTube all about the craft of physical comedy.

Comment

Cheers - adding to my to watch list.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Typical. The previous user of the car I've booked is still using it.

Comment

With the help of a neighbour, we’ve managed to get the blade belt off the mower. New one ordered, due next week (along with a spare so the next time it goes we can just swap it). The old one is knackered - several splits on it and a chunk about 2cm long out of it as well. That would explain some of the vibrations recently.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hotdog for lunch

Comment

Trouser wash on

Comment

Working...
                      X