• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Dark.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly at 18.9 deg in here.

Windy.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.663315 psi, (up from 1010), 71% RH.

Tuesday.

Some curious anachronistic dream this morning, something to do with 12th C banks and such like. Most odd.

Walk (abbreviated, alternate horsefly free route) walked. Met the birdy man, first time for a while.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y twittering on about University degree courses & the value thereof.

I wish I hadn't wasted 2 years in luffbra. Complete & utter waste of time & money.

In other news: it's raining now.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Minor potching in garage in a desperate attempt to fit the quart into the pint pot unsuccessfully.

There's a remarkable number of old PCs in there.

Freecell score: 85%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered cod, stewed gooseberries and custard, two yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Fred Astaire.

Farscape S3 E21 "Into the lion's den Part Deux: wolf in sheep's clothing". The blow it all to tulip one.

Wheeler Dealers: some sort of clip show even less inneresting than usual. Far too much of Motor Mouth. Entire programme on mute.

FBI S1 E19 "Conflict of interest". The Nigerian drug gang one.

Five minutes of something or other about bipedalism and benobo chimps in the DRC before it changed to:

The Bad Skin Clinic. Woman with acne. Swansea chap with a big lump on his head: lipoma, there's tidy then mooosh. There was a brief shot of the river around Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 June 2022, 21:22.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

Sunny with clouds. Currently 18 with a high of 21

No rain forecast for today.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy fluff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

I pick up the keys to my new gaff at lunchtime today

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I pick up the keys to my new gaff at lunchtime today
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's turned very dull and overcast all of a sudden but apparently still no rain expected.

Comment

Just a bit of toast for late breakfast/early lunch, as I don't have much time - too many meetings almost back-to-back today

Comment

I put a jacket on to travel over to Ealing to get the keys. Didn't need it and ended up having to carry it.

Keys collected successfully and many photos taken of various bits of the house to compare against the check-in report when it lands.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I put a jacket on to travel over to Ealing to get the keys. Didn't need it and ended up having to carry it.

Keys collected successfully and many photos taken of various bits of the house to compare against the check-in report when it lands.

Comment

The car programme is doing a clip show. Could anything be more pointless? "Oh, he's taking off that air filter! What a brilliant moment that was, it's so great to see that being removed again!"

Comment

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan. Very tasty, and also fairly easy to eat with the ongoing toothache

I hope this amoxicillin kicks in soon

Comment

Working...
                      X