• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier was an easy Toyota Celica, though they ended up putting in a much more recent VVT-i engine. The opal hunters encountered their usual mix of misfortune and good fortune. And the antiques bloke was terminated early because dinner was ready, so I switched to an early Police Interceptors

Then later, the first hour or so of Final Account being interviews with the last surviving people to have lived in the Third Reich

I should have got to bed earlier though, as I'm really knackered

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, but humid.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Dry.

Warmish side of cool in here at 20.8 deg.

1016 mBar, 30.002 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.74 psi, (down from 1018 last night), 72% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling engineers made their merry way along the road earlier.

This morning's dream seemed to involve Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde, which seemed to take place in some tower block or other with no rational elevator system or lavatories.

The pinnacle of this was the lift being out of use due to a large photocopier.

I was pleased to wake up.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Entertainment: a thing on R4 about a child murder in Oz half a century ago.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The pollen count seems quite high again.

Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 85%.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 85%.

It's gone very grey. Looks like There's A Storm Coming. <cue portentous music with much anvilL>

Ah, the sound of raindrops on the leanto roof.

Oh good, the gutter has separated. Will have to dig the ladders out of the garage.

Tea: chilli con carne & rice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Ava Gardener.

Farscape S3 E18 "Fractures". The all back together on Moya one. With added unexpected passengers.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E24 2002 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG. Whatever the feck that is.

Gosh. Motor Mouth has finally done something inneresting: polishing the crap off the polycarb lenses on the headlights of the above wagon.

Wot an odd oil filter. And why didn't Ant have gloves on when he changed it? FFS.

The Directors: George Stevens. Well that was fairly tedious. Apart from the clips from "Shane".

More UFO bollox on Blaze: Extraordinary: The Revelations. Even crazier than usual. So much so that I cooked some gooseberries instead.

Yum.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 June 2022, 21:59.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and a bit on the dull side this morning. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Showers forecast this morning, the sun might come out for a bit and then more showers this evening with a chance of a thunderstorm! Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

HWMBO arrived back from his forrin travels late last night. He's here until Saturday.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start again, up to 20°C already (was 19° half-an-hour ago) with 25° forecast. Barometers down a little at 1003/1011mB, and some showers are expected from around teatime on

I awoke without a sore throat for the first time since Saturday!

More accurately: I'd probably call my throat sore under normal circumstances, but this is nothing compared to how painful it's been every morning this week. Similarly, I felt a lot less run down - sprightly, even - but having a shower and making coffee has left me feeling pretty beat. And the mild headache hardly counts as a headache at all. Haven't checked my temperature yet, but I suspect it's not much higher than normal. And I assume all that is about the best I could have hoped for

Comment

Oh, and the vinegar doesn't smell quite as bad today! Still not something you'd want to handle outside a fume cupboard, but no longer on the radar of the Sunday Times' Insight team

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I awoke without a sore throat for the first time since Saturday!

Comment

Exciting days, got blokes removing some asbestos in the house, spent ages yesterday moving stuff. Costing a fortune, think they just make these things up so they can make money, asbsestos was good for you when I was a kid.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Exciting days, got blokes removing some asbestos in the house, spent ages yesterday moving stuff. Costing a fortune, think they just make these things up so they can make money, asbsestos was good for you when I was a kid.
                    Puts hairs on your chest! (well, inside your lungs...)

Comment

Reminds me of the fun we used to have breaking the white bits off those heat spreader things in the chem lab in skool. <cough> <wheeze>.

Not to mention chasing blobs of mercury over the bench. .
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X