• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Not entirely convinced your trip to London on Thursday is responsible for you testing positive today.
    It can show up within two days. And I tested negative immediately before setting off on Thursday morning…

Also, I hadn't been anywhere else that I recall earlier in the week, like in shops or what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Not in the Chinese, for obvious reasons
      In the absence of a takeaway, tea has been beef short rib in Bishop's Finger and onion gravy, with chips and peas

Still rainy out

And there's an Antipodean Zoom call in the morning, so I'll be getting an early night - though I probably would have anyway

Comment

Quite a breeze out there with a light smattering of rain.

Have to get up early tomorrow to take HWMBO to the airport as the tube doesn't run early enough. Early night imminent.

Comment

I finished off an old episode of Police Interceptors whilst dining, but other than that I didn't bother with any telly

I neglected to record last night's major motion picture premiere: The Running Man (1987). It was pretty good, though it seems 2017 was expected to be identical to the mid-1980s in terms of fashion and such

Better get to sleep now, and hope the disease doesn't get any worse overnight

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast but dry. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Rain forecast off and on all day. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Taking HWMBO to Heathrow then I'll go back to bed for a couple of hours before driving down to see the parentals.

Comment

Morning all

A bit breezy out.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, currently 13°C and expected t reach 19° later. But it's also supposed to be "mostly cloudy"

Barometers are distinctly down at 1007/1015mB

Covid is being annoying. Still mainly a sore throat and feeling very run down

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool at 19.2 deg in here.

1012 mBar, 29.884 in Hg, 759.06 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 72% RH.

Sunday.

Innerested to see that the person who died of TB in the Western Outpost of The Sloughe of Desponde managed to infect three other people with the bug.

Walk (unabbreviated and untroubled by cleggs) walked in the coolish wind and tepid sunshine.

Swan count: fishpond: 4, first pond: 0.

Lunch: chicken meatballs in tomato sauce (with much added chilli) with rice n peas, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: last 10 minutes of DID with Rita Tushingham, Just a minute.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85% (84.662%).

Entertainment: Megadisasters on Blaze: cometary impact, methane eruptions, Hawaii vulcanism.

Tea: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, some new potatoes, a yog, 0,91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Am Dro: Blaenau Ffestiniog, somewhere in Carmarthenshire (Merthyr parish), walk from Cardiff to Penarth, Dolgellau.

Thing on 4+1 about King Tut, The Curse, nasty moulds found in tombs.

The Repair Shoppe: leather case, slate late Victorian era French clock, some brass trinket thing. Only watching it because of the clock. Thankfully no fecking teddy bears as yet.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 June 2022, 21:30.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Antipodean Zoom call done

Comment

I haven't got much of an appetite, but I persuaded myself to have some chicken and barley soup, and I feel a little better for it. At least I can still taste things

Comment

Working...
                      X