• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been Chinese leftovers, to wit, a bit of crispy duck and some beef chow mein

Comment

Apparently that Big Chicken soup isn't going to cook itself. Therefore I've just devoted some time to getting the carcass and associated vegetables into the slow cooker so it can work its magic overnight

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Jensen-Healey. The the gold diggers dug their gold; another episode from the latest season that I hadn't seen before, I think. The antiques chap was largely ignored as I was out walking and attending to my leftovers.

Then, it turned out they've summarily abandoned the latest season of the gold diggers (presumably because the daily evening showings will soon catch up with and outpace the 9pm ones) in favour of… opal hunters. SO it's still Australians scripting about in the dirt in hot weather with no apparent regard for H&S, they just get excited over different stuff

And then I read a bit of Nevil Shute's The Chequer Board, one of his best

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

The lovely aroma of soup - well, stock - coming from the slow cooker was filling the flat this morning. The necessary steps have been taken to turn it in the direction of chicken and barley soup, so it looks like that's what I'll be having for lunch

Sunny start out, currently 14°C and expected to reach 22°, though the barometers are slightly down at 1014/1022mB

I've got a meeting at 9:15 this morning. Insanity! How do they expect anybody to be able to take an interest in anything at such an ungodly hour

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

The lovely aroma of soup - well, stock - coming from the slow cooker was filling the flat this morning. The necessary steps have been taken to turn it in the direction of chicken and barley soup, so it looks like that's what I'll be having for lunch

Sunny start out, currently 14°C and expected to reach 22°, though the barometers are slightly down at 1014/1022mB

I've got a meeting at 9:15 this morning. Insanity! How do they expect anybody to be able to take an interest in anything at such an ungodly hour
              I used to happily do 7am conference calls to Finland and Bulgaria - partly because of the point scoring you could get by being there at 7am when many people failed to attend at 9..

I drew the line at doing anything with India before 12noon their time though.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky from my vantage point. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 24 forecast. Barometer has dropped a little to 1023 mBar.

Popped over to the caretaker's side to take my meter readings after trundling the rubbish to the pavement collection spot. It's a very warm 17 degrees! No breeze.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I used to happily do 7am conference calls to Finland and Bulgaria - partly because of the point scoring you could get by being there at 7am when many people failed to attend at 9..

I drew the line at doing anything with India before 12noon their time though.
                    I wouldn't mind that so much because at least there's a good geographical reason for it. But our standup is at 10am, and it's just wrong to have any other meetings before that IMHO

But it's to discuss something in advance of our weekly meeting with a supplier at 10:30am, so I suppose it has to be then

Comment

Bloody letting agents.

"You will get 24 hours' notice of viewings"

Agent, yesterday at 1620: "We would like to do a viewing today at 1745 or same time tomorrow"

Me: "Tomorrow would be better please as I have a meeting"

Agent: "We can do it earlier or at 1830 today if that's better"

Me: "No, you said I'd get 24h notice, today is not convenient"

[silence]

This morning I ask if there is a viewing at 1745 today as nothing was confirmed and get told that it was confirmed to me. Evidently my tin foil hat to protect me from the NSA mind rays is working a treat because no such message was received.

I'll be out anyway because I have a viewing of my own followed by Portuguese class but I'm not going to let them get away with tramping over my rights!

Comment

Working...
                      X