• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Blue sky with high level wispy fluff. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Cloud cover will come and go. Barometer up a tiny wee bit to 1025 mBar.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

Cool at 18.7 deg in here.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.8373 psi, (up form 1021 last night), 73% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming brightly this morning.

Gosh. October 9th 2018 was inneresting. . I wonder who the chap with the braying larf was. We'll never know.

Swan family out of the canal and preening about 15 yards further along the back lane.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Walked (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Quite close out there.

Two swans on the fish pond.

Two swans on the first pond.

People fishing on the first pond.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85% (84.667%).

More massacre of the goosegrass done.

Tea: more of the cumberland sausages with carrots & onions, a yog, some fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Matthew Broderick.

Farscape S3 E8 "Green eyed monster": the "that's not a moon" one.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E15 Jensen Healey. It's a looooong time since I've seen a carburretor diaphragm.

The Chevette had one and it wouldn't run when it had a hole in it.

Twas a bit cheaper than the $80 they paid for the two in the Jensen.

Horizon prog about Pluto.

The Directors: Fritz Lang: mildly inneresting once it had reached his Hollywood epics.

Thing about Hitchcock: too long & I'm knackered.

Impressive nearly full moon when I went out to check the shed door.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 June 2022, 08:21.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

As I fully expected. Another property has come up that looks perfect.

I have booked a viewing just in case it is indeed so.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch was a roast pork and apple sauce cob

Comment

I discovered I had a lack of suitable sandwich fillings so popped out to the deli round the corner for a mozzarella and parma ham baguette.

Comment

Headed out for my walk and ran into a PCSO out the back, keeping the junkies at bay, so stopped to say hello and confirm that I'm entitled to be there. He turned out to be very chatty and kept me talking for half-an-hour about Neighbourhood Watch and all that kind of thing, including my potted history of the main gates since they were first installed about fourteen years ago, explanations of which landlords owned which houses and how likely they were to be clear away stuff flytipped on their property, and so on and so forth. He said he pops in most days and sometimes hangs around a bit to watch the junkies walk in then hastily turn round and walk out again when they see him

None of this got me very far on my walk though. I'll try again later

Comment

Thanks to clear outs, I have three bags of recycling to trundle this evening and one of other rubbish.

Checking out prospective council websites I am pleased to see they do food waste recycling. RBKC only runs such a scheme on a very limited basis which is very annoying.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

I took the alternative route this evening as it goes past a park and playing fields and stuff and I thought the greenery might be pleasant. And on the home straight, a car pulled up next to me and lo! it was my friends who live nearby. They talked about having me round for Sunday dinner, but I advised them that I have to go to London on Thursday so, by Sunday, may well be highly infectious yet without symptoms; so we'll leave it for another week

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Thanks to clear outs, I have three bags of recycling to trundle this evening and one of other rubbish.

Checking out prospective council websites I am pleased to see they do food waste recycling. RBKC only runs such a scheme on a very limited basis which is very annoying.
                      I wish they'd introduced a scheme like that round here; I'd hardly have any general waste at all then, and at least what I did have wouldn't be smelly

Comment

Working...
                      X