• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm at some awards do or other next week - best try on the DJ.

Now desperately trying to find a new one as I've lost a bit of weight and it definitely doesn't fit.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Shorter than usual, as I clocked up a chunk of green-ring fodder when I went to Sainsbury's at lunchtime to do the shopping and drop off the hearing aids for their service

And on the way back I had to collect something from the Amazon Locker, which gets another minute or two on there

On the way out, on the other hand, I took down the recycling and trundled forth the bin

And somewhere during the day I managed to get some programming done, despite meetings and so on

Comment

Summary of today's viewings:

1 - very nice, put in an offer, six other people viewing today, chances of getting it are slim

2 - dingy and awful

3 - cancelled while I was on the bus travelling to it

Two more tomorrow. Have tried to sneak in a third on a place that's just come on the market as I'll be in the area anyway but I suspect the tenants won't be keen on such short notice

Comment

Tea: fish fingers, chips and beans

Mainly because I noticed the fish fingers were BBE May, and you can't trust things that used to live in the sea

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Summary of today's viewings:

1 - very nice, put in an offer, six other people viewing today, chances of getting it are slim

2 - dingy and awful

3 - cancelled while I was on the bus travelling to it

Two more tomorrow. Have tried to sneak in a third on a place that's just come on the market as I'll be in the area anyway but I suspect the tenants won't be keen on such short notice
            Good luck!

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Mazda… MX-2? Something like that, from the 1980s. And then the gold diggers was an episode of the new series that I'd missed the first several times it's been on

The remainder of an episode of Police Interceptors from S4 that I started watching last week or earlier this week gave me something to watch whilst guzzling

And finally a new episode of The Repair Shop, including a horse-racing game almost identical to one they did pretty recently, but which ended up getting a quite different set of repairs

Bin day tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  CBS, etc
                  TFIF, etc.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The walk included an intermission while I stopped off for a haircut. Usually, before 8am, this involves walking in, getting trimmed, and walking out again. But this time there was already somebody in the chair, and she explained that she had a guy who'd made an appointment for eight but might be early, in which case he'd have to be given priority. And, literally as she was taking the previous guy's money, Ron (for such was his name) turned up ten minutes early; two minutes later and she would have been working on me

Still, once Ron had been dealt with I finally got into the seat

Returning, the bins had been done so I was able to get the recycling bin trundled back in

And now I'm just waiting for my much-delayed coffee to brew…

It's a sunny morning out, currently 16°C and heading for 21° later. The barometers are up a bit at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with chunks of fluff about. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 23 later and the cloud is set to dissipate as the day progresses. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

First viewings requested of my gaff. Happy to PM the details to anyone that wants to be nosey as I won't be living there much longer! Some confusion over keys and access yesterday, with the agent assuming the caretaker's job was to let them in (it definitely isn't).

Comment

Working...
                      X