• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch, somewhat delayed by several meetings, has been Heinz tomato soup with toasted bloomer

Comment

No walk today as I'm still feeling a bit meh, probably from whatever it is that has been giving me an occasional sore throat over the weekend and earlier in the week, and also disrupting my sleep. So I'm taking it easy for a day or so

The car is a Chevrolet C-10 pickup truck, whatever one of those is

Comment

The client's offices are nice. On Old Bailey which is an easy journey.

Lunch was from the little Pret kiosk before you exit the station. Hoisin duck salad wrap.

Finished at 4.45pm as there wasn't much more I could do. Got off the tube a stop early at Gloucester Road and picked up a bit of shopping from Waitrose on the way home.

Not sure what to do about dinner. I've had a banana so far and some garlic bread. Not at the same time because I'm not disgusting.

Comment

Meh I may be, but I still had a Big Chicken in the fridge, so tea has been a roast chicken dinner. Very nice too

And the bed, which was left to air for much of the day, has been remade, this time with the thinner part of the duvet. I hope leaving the bedroom window open all day hasn't let enough heat escape that I find I still need the thicker one

Comment

Telly whilst dining was another episode of the thing about the M1. And after, two episodes of The Repair Shop: a shortened one, and a full-length, the latter featuring a remarkable large wooden clock - as in, the mechanism is made of wood. Very impressive

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              Overcast but dry when we started our walk earlier. Drizzling by the end.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

The mowing of said lawns appears to have knackered me.

The recycling engineers made their merry way along the road at about 06:30ish taking away all my valuable recycling.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Damp.

Cool at 18.5 deg in here.

1011 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 100something last night), 73% RH.

Thursday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the occasional picking with rain.

Freecell score: 100% (of 10), running average 85% (84.66%).

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y sliced bread carbon capture thing.

TWAO.

It's not picking with rain anymore, it's now drizzle++.

Freecell score with the advent of sheets of rain & terminal ennui: 93%, running average 85%.

Dear deity, I'm so bored I'm about to watch an afternoon edition of Ancient fecking Aliens. .

No Nick Pope, but the fright haired greek was present, all that was missing was someone coming out with "for the world is hollow and I have touched the sky". FFS.

Discovering Emma Thomson.

Farscape S3 E6 "Eat me": even stranger than most: the one where the remains of a crew are eating a leviathan. And Crichton gets duplicated.

Wheeler Dealers 1985 Mazda RX7. Never seen inside one of those. I wonder if it's inneresting. . It's currently muted due to the presence of Motor Mouth.

Gosh. I really appreciated the 5 second view of the inside of a Wankel engine (not the one in the car, some piece of scrap Motor Mouth had found).

Gosh, inneresting to see the spanner merchant had much the same sort of approach to MacPherson struts that I had back in the day of running a VW Polo.

IIRC I used a big feckoff Stilson to remove & replace the cap holding the insert in place.

Classic Literature & Cinema: War.

Possibly UFOs: top secret alien files on Blaze. Or not as the case might very well be. Bet it's got Nick Pope in it. .

I think I've passed peak UFO. .

Alternatively: Discovering Film: Peter Sellers. Read a book instead.

Plus about 15 minutes of last Sunday's Am Dro: the bit I missed.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2022, 09:06.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out. Currently 14°C with 17° expected, more cloud due and maybe some showers this afternoon. Barometers are heading up again at 1006/1013mB

A better night's sleep was had, although the summer duvet has maybe been deployed too early as the bedroom had cooled down rather with the window open. I was woken around half two by incipient cramps in my toes, which happens when my feet get too cold these days and are probably a sign of crippling arthritis to come. But I had a throw to hand and chucked that over the bottom of the bed, and that kept those extremities happy while the rest of me was OK. So then it was just the weird dreams to deal with

I got phoned by SpecSavers the other day to tell me it's nearly four years since I got my hearing aids so the manufacturer warranty will soon expire, and it would thus be a good idea to drop them off to be sent for a factory service while it's still free. Since then they've opened a satellite branch in Big Sainsbury's, so I've got an appointment to drop them off there at lunchtime, when shopping will also be done. Be nice to have that out of the way

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with chunks of fluff. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Cloud cover set to increase but no rain forecast. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

Half day today as I'm off this afternoon trying to cram in a load of viewings. My landlady wants viewings to start next week now that the scaffolding has come down and the place looks nicer than it ever did since I moved in (yes I am bitter). I notice it's not been advertised on the agent's website and I know they've not done photos so I'm assuming she's reusing photos from 6 years ago and listing privately.

Comment

Afternoon still not raining yet. Currently 20 degrees with a 59% of rain.

Meeting.

Trip to the dump. Had to walk around it to the various different containers due to the random crap I had all being different. They also move them every single time so this time there were two wood containers. The dump workers keep an eye on you to ensure you do.

Work.

Lunch of chicken and rice.

Work.

Need to make my second dental appointment of the year to make up for missing two - one a year - over Covid.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X