• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: sausages in finger rolls. Very tasty

Comment

Lunch was scrambled eggs on toast.

Started looking at my final OU assignment. Another bloody essay. I hate writing essays.

Comment

Another trip to the storage place done, another selection of boxes stored

It should be noted that each of these trips - selecting and retrieving the boxes to be taken, carting them out to the car, driving up there, storing them, and driving back - has taken as much as forty-five minutes to complete. So you can see why I've been putting it off for so long

Comment

Just noticed that all the carting boxes around and going up and down stairs and so on has resulted in the green ring being closed without any additional effort on my part!

That's good, as I don't feel like going for a walk

Comment

Had a shower so I'm feeling a lot less dusty after all the box-shifting

And the mundane laundry is on

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Started looking at my final OU assignment. Another bloody essay. I hate writing essays.
              You've got this!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Got up.Had shopping delivery. Waited an hour then went to garden centre to arrive 15 minutes after it opened. There was a long queue inside

Anyway got my soil aka organic own-brand compost and a large plant pot. There was no queue when I went to pay. Then realised I hadn't got short garden canes as a bloke walked past with soil and long canes. So after dumping stuff in the car I went and got some short canes. There was still no queue.

Drove home, emptied car and after 2 hours doing sod all potted up some plants. The organic compost smells like tulip. Also you get one less bag than you did before Covid.

Then popped into one of the local supermarkets to get the stuff I forgot to put on my list passing a street party on the way. I like looking at street parties as there are always the 2-3 adults who look forced to be there.

​​​​​
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You've got this!

Comment

Hmm, too many street parties etc near me. Being bit over pestered by loony lady 3 to go to things.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I gave Henry a run around the place. He did a cracking job, as always

And the mundane laundry is done and draped

They've been repeating the latest series of the gold diggers all afternoon, which allowed me to catch up on a couple of episodes I'd somehow missed, despite it seeming like I now spend all my time watching them. And then it was back to ones I hadn't missed. So I finished Most Secret War

Next up: an alternative view of that period, to wit, Evelyn Waugh's Sword of Honour trilogy, which I haven't read in a good few years. I managed to find the middle volume, Officers and Gentlemen, in one of the boxes of books I was shifting (the books aren't going into storage in case I need any of them, of course) and had already dug up the other two, so now I can get started on the first, Men at Arms

Comment

Working...
                      X