• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overcast with a light drizzle at Heathrow

Comment

Much washing of smalls is under way. I reckon two more loads to get through the frocks and tops is needed.

My TV PC must have rebooted while I was away as BBC iPlayer desktop app wasn't open so I'm now waiting on all my shows to download (including Eurovision).
      Last edited by ladymuck; 15 May 2022, 21:04.

Comment

My appetite still isn't up to much, so tea has been Heinz oxtail soup with a thick end of seedy bloomer

Showers arrived, then turned into proper rain for a fair bit. But I think it's stopped for now

Comment

Smalls were washed and hung out. Decided I couldn't be bothered to do the rest and watched TV instead.

A bit pooped so TFB and all that.

Comment

Power cut! All 5 seconds of it.

And a brief dip about 10 minutes later.

Not raining currently.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Viewing has been a repeat of The Repair Shop this afternoon, after which I started reading Money for Nothing: The South Sea Bubble and the Invention of Modern Capitalism which is pretty interesting

And then by chance I caught another repeat of The Repair Shop while having my soup

I believe there's a new series of that started popping up on iPlayer too

TFB now; I hope this lurgy clears up by morning

Oh, and it's raining again

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, and damp after more rain overnight. Currently 14°C with 20° predicted for this afternoon - along with thunderstorms!

The barometers are barely changed at 1003/1011mB

Lurgy is somewhat better, or less bad at any rate. I think I sweated it out a good deal last night, as I remember waking up absolutely drenched in sweat around midnight or a bit later, then waking up not drenched in sweat around five or six

Comment

Morning all

It's cloudy out. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 21 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1004 mBar.

Day 1 of no work. My to-do list at the moment comprises:
                  • Finish the post-holiday laundry
                  • Contact my landlady to find out what she's doing with the flat and confirm if I have been served notice to vacate
                  • Start looking at all the tat I've accumulated over the past 6 years and start a mass clear out
                  • Contact ex-client to arrange collection of their laptop
                  • Do a bit of job hunting in case the contract I'm supposed to be starting doesn't materialise

Comment

Morning all
                    2 great tit chicks fledged this morning

Oh, and it was raining, etc, but clearing up now. The DogTW is definitely going deaf, she used to be able to hear thunder at about 50miles. Last night the sky to the south and east was lit up with the lightning, and she didn't notice it at all.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ In her early days, StrangeloveMog was horrified by rain, thunder, etc. As she became more & more elderly she reached a stage where she didn't care any more.

Morning.

Wet.

Intermittently sunny.

Grey.

Cool at 18 deg in here.

1009 mBar 29.7957 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 73% RH.

Monday.

The condition of the back is making the telex machine glow particularly brightly this morning.

Freecell score: 100% (of 8).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y about the dire state of various small businesses on the high street, the goodness & badness of vegetarianism & veganism vs meat eating etc. After which it went <click>

Feck nose what the afternoon will bring since there's bugger all to be done in the garden due to a) the back and b) the rain (both of which explain the playing of the aforementioned Freecell before lunch.

Trouble is I have to keep moving or I seize up completely if I sit down for too long.

Walk (abbreviated due to back & drizzle) walked.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens & their researchers interspersed with the Lost 10 tribes of Israel: can't decide which was more fatuouos.

Discovering Peter Ustinov.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S2 E9 "Out of their minds": the body swap one.

Wheelerdealers S14 E13 Opel Opel GT sportscar. Never heard of such a thing. It's green. And it's dented.

Abandoned Engineering.

Thing about the eminence griz Musk on Ch 4. Much as one might expect really.
                      Don't look him in the eye
                      Repair shop: music box, penny arcade game, toy horse on wheels.

Curiously enough, during a brief cleaning of the springs, I found the family collection of old pennies.

And shillings.

And florins.

And crowns.

And 1973 accession 50p celebratory coins.

Apart from the crowns I don't suppose any are legal tender. .

I'd forgotten how big crowns are.

Even More Curiously there weren't any halfcrowns.

Lots of pre 1947 silver coins which still had actual silver in those distant days.

Imagine getting Victorian pennies in yer change.

Final entertainment: The Welsh chap in a boat wandering around the coast of Pembroke (Sir Benfro) investigating the local names Yng Nghymraeg.

Inneresting enough with the subtitles on so I can follow wtf he's on about.

More indications of the local differences in accent & vocab.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 May 2022, 08:35.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X