• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 16 deg.

1024 mBar, 20.238 in Hg, 768.1 Torr, 14.85 psi, (up from 1023 last night), 72% RH.

Saturday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warm sunshine. Remarkably close out there.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, another yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money box kindly informing me how much my pensions aren't worth.

<taps screen: is this thing fecked again or wot? Have we have WWIII & no one told me? Just asking like. >

Entertainment: Freecell score: 90%, running average 84.53%.

Ancient Alien nutters: Stonehenge: slept through much of this.

Ancient Alien nutters: Manna from heaven: blood sucking aliens, etc.

Tea: spag with fiery bol, a yog, some fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Ancient Alien nutters: tattoos and body modification: the one with the nutjob who had multiple NFC chips embedded in his hands, skin modifications: temperature sensing tattoos etc. And on cue, Musk turns up with Yet Another of his demented ideas.

Ancient Alien nutters: Storming Area 51: sounds like a Bad Idea to me wot with all those guns around: which proved to be mildly inneresting what with bits of SR71 & U2 & the like. The nutters got as far as the gate & very wisely stopped.

Read a little more of the latest tome.

Then, in a fit of insanity, played Freecell: score: 82% (lost 6 in succession), running average 84.53 and a bit less than earlier%.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 May 2022, 22:21.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Nice day here, though with a lot of white fluffiness other and yon. Currently 18°C and maybe stretching to 19° in a bit, and the barometers are up again at 1019/1027mB

Comment

I see the Valiant Lady is now in Cadiz, which is handy for Jerez where the sherry comes from

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I see the Valiant Lady is now in Cadiz, which is handy for Jerez where the sherry comes from
          We have previously passed through Jerez on the train from Sevilla to Cádiz but an actual visit is still on the to-do list. Along with Sanlucar de Barrameda.

There is a very fabulous bar in Cádiz called Taberna La Manzanilla where one can sample many varieties of sherry for between €1 and €3 for a small glass. You can buy bottles of your favourites to take away, available in sturdy packaging that will survive the journey home.

Comment

nah!, - sherry comes from sainsburys

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post

nah!, - sherry comes from sainsburys
              Heathen!

Comment

We left Cádiz about an hour or so ago and are now en route to Gibraltar. I'm hoping to be awake for the passing through the Strait of Gibraltar.

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

In the other Chinese
                    And very nice too

They haven't put their prices up, unlike a lot of other takeaways. Bet they will when they get their next gas bill though

Comment

Coming back from the Chinese, I was stopped by a young lady with an address written on a bit of paper, asking me for directions. I said "Oh, hang on, let me just try and remember which road that is" but realised as I said it that I knew exactly which road it was, because I lived there thirty years ago, two doors along from the house she was looking for

Comment

Working...
                      X