• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

The sun is shining, there's some fluff about. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 later.

We are docked in La Coruña and will be leaving the boat for a look about after breakfast. There was a glorious sun rise at about 0630 while we were still at sea but I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to take a photo.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy grey day out, currently 11°C (and officially "showers" but it looks rainy to me). Temperatures are expected to soar to 15°C later but without much reduction in precipitation until late afternoon. Barometers are noticeably down at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Gloomy.

Chilly in here at 16 deg.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 69%RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Very odd dreams, something to do with a turkey in the fridge & only me to eat it, plus cooking it in a really strange way. I was glad to wake up. .

Also featured was a colleague from Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde who retired for medical reasons.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away. One of the oranges is bad, not quite blue but heading that way. : A sweat was raised on the stagger back home. Maybe that wheely trolley thing of Strangelove Mater's might be a good idea. Assuming I could tolerate the shame of it all.

Walk (slightly abbreviated due to the above) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO. Followed by some tosh or other about the 1990s.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 84.51%.

Some minor vaccing done on the landing, moving stuff that hasn't moved in a while, including magazine CDs/DVDs from 20 years ago or more. . I'm sure some of it will come in Handy, like. .

Tea: chilli meat balls with rice n peas, some peach slices, 2 yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, and a bramble jelly sandwich which I seemingly needed to eat for some unknown and inexplicable reason.

Entertainment: Discovering Robert Donat.

Farscape S2 E1 "Mind the baby".

Sinkholes on 5Select.

Some bollox on 5Select about Atlantis. Happily the fright haired twat of Greek extraction so fond of Ancient Astronauts is not inhabiting this.

Freecell score: 100% (of 14), running average 85%.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 May 2022, 21:29.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Maybe the useless twat might read it if it was written in ancient greek or latin?

Just a thought. .
          I remember a while back, a classicist on Twitter argued that there isn't actually much evidence that Johnson is any good at either of them, despite making out he is; they reckoned that the stuff he trots out on occasion is only ever the kind of stuff that you learn by rote to get through the exams, knowing which doesn't prove you have any real knowledge of the languages.

Having got an A in my Latin O Level despite being extremely bad at it, I can confirm that this method, along with an ability to discern how words in English are related to their Latin roots and thereby being able make a good guess at unknown words when translating unfamiliar texts, can be enough to get you through with excellent marks

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            We are docked in La Coruña and will be leaving the boat for a look about after breakfast. There was a glorious sun rise at about 0630 while we were still at sea but I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to take a photo.
            I check the Vessel Finder map, and can confirm that the vessel is indeed there

Comment

Morning all
              A bit of a slow start for me today as we went to the beach for a walk.

CBS, etc, what's not to like?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I check the Vessel Finder map, and can confirm that the vessel is indeed there
                Always good to have corroboration. I wasn't sure if the big sign saying La Coruña International Port was sufficient evidence of where I'd woken up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Always good to have corroboration. I wasn't sure if the big sign saying La Coruña International Port was sufficient evidence of where I'd woken up
                  Same reason that when I was single I had a big sign saying "Heaven" beside my bed, so the ladies knew where they had woken up.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Having got an A in my Latin O Level despite being extremely bad at it,
                    Showoff. I scraped a 6 which is the equivalent of the lower half of a "C".
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I needed to go to the bank up the road, because my parents had given me cash for my birthday and I don't use that anywhere but the Chinese and the barber's. Then I needed to collect the monthly prescription, but they now close for lunch rather than just not giving out prescriptions, so I left it a bit late before heading out.

But it turns out the chemist's have also changed to 13:30-14:00 for their break, so I was a few minutes early and had to wait. And that meant I then didn't have time to detour via Greggs on the way back.

So late lunch, which I'm having now, is a Pukka Pies sausage roll

Comment

Working...
                      X