• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got me footpath inspection stuff from the council. Lots of wandering about wobbling signposts over next few weeks. Exciting!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's looking Simpsonesque out, though still a bit breezy. Currently at today's high of 16°C, and the barometers are back up a bit at 1003/1011mB

Comment

Late breakfast or early tea: a lovely big fry-up. Delicious

Comment

Gardening day done, as am I.

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No telly bothered with today, as I was reading Dion Fortune's novel The Sea Priestess. Always instructive to read a novel about magical workings written by a practising magician

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Polleny.

CBS.

Chilly in here at 15.4 deg.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 71% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming particularly brightly with the demise of the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sheets in WM.

Sheets out of WM and hanging on washing line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the polleny sunshine.

Assorted garments in the WM on short wash to freshen them up a tad. .

I'm not used to washing stuff on Mondays. .

But it seems to be a decent drying day, so nothing ventured nothing gained, so long as the flying dinos don't crap on stuff, as is their wont.

Spotted the first swifts/swallows/sandmartins/housemartins of the year.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sheets dried nicely on the line, finished with the TD.

Other stuff dried nicely on the line, finished in the TD.

Some springs were cleaned: the duster changed a suitably grimly black colour, most satisfying.

Tea: the rest of the cumberland sausages with carrots & onions, a yog, the rest of the mango slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Dianne Keaton.

Farscape S1 E16 "A human reaction". The one that looks like it might all be a dream but isn't.

Abandoned Engineering: St Catherine's Island, West Wales: the fort that became a zoo. Tenby as it turns out. Yugoslav communist "university". New Milford plant Hackensack water company.

Chasing the Moon on pbs, Apollo 8.

NASA's Unexplained Files: this one is NAZIs on the moon. . Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. .

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2022, 21:10.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though not very warm as yet: 6°C, rising to 13° by lunchtime, though also with a chance of showers around then. Barometers have jumped up a bit at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning all

Looks like a pleasant day out.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Was Sunny now Grey skies.

Bin men doing their rounds and blocking the streets as normal with their trucks.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X