• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was jacket potato with cheese and beans.

Ents was much Trucking Hell. I didn't realise I was so far behind!

Comment

I decided I didn't fancy the bowl of soup fir tea so I'm leaving it for lunch tomorrow. Instead, I had a roast beef cob. It's lovely beef, that; very tender

Viewing so far has been a couple of repeats of The Repair Shop plus a thing about restorers fixing stuff up for the antiques bloke and other antiques people.

Comment

Tonight's classic motion picture was Powell & Pressburger's A Matter of Life and Death (1946), one of the finest films ever made (P&P did a lot of them). Wonderful stuff, and thank God it hasn't (AFAIK) suffered the indignity of a remake, presumably because all filmmakers since have realised that they are simply not competent to remake perfection

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Some light cloud but mostly blue skies out. Even with the light rain overnight, yesterday’s bonfire is still smoking. Nothing else to go on it, so I’ll just let it go out.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight's classic motion picture was Powell & Pressburger's A Matter of Life and Death (1946), one of the finest films ever made (P&P did a lot of them). Wonderful stuff, and thank God it hasn't (AFAIK) suffered the indignity of a remake, presumably because all filmmakers since have realised that they are simply not competent to remake perfection

Goodnight all
            Indeed. I was rather upset to find that the two dvd collection of "Colonel Blimp" & the aforementioned included the Blimp (of which I now have the mandatory two copies) but not the dvd for "A Matter of Life & Death". Ho very hum. Had to watch it on the box with adverts instead.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Almost not chilly at 15.9 deg.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi (unchanged from last night), 72% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming, aided by the idiocy ​​​​​​of some of the comments from the twats on Today.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine with grey gloom overhead verging on black across the valley by there, boyo, there's tidy then.

Forecast rain for 11:30 turned up just as I was walking along the back lane.

Very busy in the park this morning.

One anticipates the return to something like normal tomorrow.

Lunch: scrambled and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bit of Y&Y until the usual phone problems led to the inevitable <click>.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84.4%.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 93%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with peas n rice, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertaiment: some nonsense on 5* about cats doing dumb things.

Farscape S1 E11 "Til the blood runs clear".

Abandoned Engineering, which, these days, seems to have very little to do with engineering. Frankenstein's Castle? WTF?

NCIS S18 E16 "Rule 91", end of season.

NASA unexplained files.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 April 2022, 21:09.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny out but much wispy high level fluff. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 17 later. Barometer down to 1018 mBar.

Patchy sleep, woke about 6am. Working again today.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out but through a high haze of the kind which may well thicken as the day wears on. It seems a bit milder than yesterday too, at 12°C currently with a high of 14° expected. The barometers are down a bit again, at 1009/1017mB

Comment

The bed has been stripped and the covers laundered.

Hopefully I'll remember to make it before bedtime.

Comment

Lunch has been a Pukka Pies sausage roll because it was on its use by date, which is always an excellent excuse; followed by the bowl of herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup I had set aside, with both multiseed and wholemeal bread

The soup has turned out pretty well. I wasn't sure when I tried a spoonful while divvying it up, but after a couple of nights in the fridge the flavours have come together nicely

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's only 15°C out but it's turned sunny now, so it's quite warm. Pleasant enough though

Comment

Working...
                      X