• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Further TV was an episode of The Repair Shop featuring a 91-year-old woman who brought in the bear which helped her escape the Nazis in 1930s Berlin

Early night now, for I have Things To Do™ in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        Quite a heavy dew on the ground which is then turning into a fog (or overnight fog has settled, who knows), but it's starting to burn off now
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And while I was out: haircut cut

It's overcast but only very thinly, so the sun is shining fairly brightly straight through it. It was 6°C when I set out about an hour ago, and now 8°, with 17° promised for later. The barometers continue their upwards trend at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Bedding wash on

More importantly: coffee brewed, finally

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Damply dry.

Overcast.

Sunless.

Almost warmish at 14.5 deg.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 69% RH.

Thursday.

Entertainment: "In our time": homonym evolution. No mention was made of The Black Monolith, which seemed odd.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with a stop in the cem to put some flowers on the parents grave.

Due to the warmth, a layer was removed before the expedition.

I see Priti Nazi & Boris Bunter, the fat owl of the remove, have been busy.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO until the waffling on from the assorted Blackshirts became too much to endure.

Turned the wireless back on only to find some obnoxious ***** tory **** spouting his bollox nonstop & refusing to be interrupted.

The desire to smash the wireless was difficult to ignore. .

Freecell score: 93%, running average 84%.

Entertainment: Discovering Richard Gere.

Tea: chilli con carne and rice, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

That batch of chille was remarkably toothsome, I wonder what I did right that time.

Entertainment: Farscape S1 E9 "DNA mad scientist": another I have ablsoluckingfutely no recollection thereof.

Trucking Hell S5 E20: no Rory, though Stig put in an appearance.

Ancient Aliens Ultimate: monoliths. Apparently all erected by Ancient Aliens. This went <click> after about 3 minutes of total and absolute bollox.

My tolerance thereof seems to be diminishing. That twat with the fright wig type hair is particularly irritating, along with the 888 fecking adverts with that chap with the open mouth which I find curiously offensive.

"All is True (2018)". Late in the Bard's life apparently, following the destruction of The Globe by fire.

It's probably got about 10 minutes before <click>.

It was saved by Freecell, though I suspect a better night's sleep might have been served by <click>.

Ho hum.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2022, 07:50.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Lovely blue sky, no clouds visible from my vantage point. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Barometer up to 1022 mBar.

The workmen doing the exterior repairs have chipped out all the blown render and re-rendered the walls in my little patio. What I did find odd is that a lot of it is due to metal rusting within the wall. A proper job would be to chase the render back to find the metal, remove it if possible or treat it with anti-rust stuff if not then re-render.

Not sure when the repainting will commence but it'll be nice to have it all freshened up nonetheless.

Comment

All three developers on the team are now waiting for another team to approve our pull requests over on one of their repos so we can declare our active tickets done. And as our sprint ends next Tuesday, none of us have anything else to do. SO unless something goes wrong, it promises to be a very easy day

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with the usual bread

And I found a leftover cooked sausage from the other evening in the fridge, so I'm saving that for an afternoon snack

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Lunch is tomato and red pepper soup with a slice of toasted and buttered sourdough bread.
                      Same again, to use up the rest of the soup.

Comment

Working...
                      X