• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I read a post and think - good idea and go to click the "Like" button but can't.

I went out at lunch time and ended up with lots of Easter eggs. It was very very windy.

Tea eaten. More work done.

Anyway it is just getting dark and will go off to watch the telly box.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Damn I read a post and think - good idea and go to click the "Like" button but can't.
      I know! I forget at least once a day. However, the thread does behave far better now.

Comment

Yes, I need to sort out Thanks/Likes. With a bit of luck I'll have time over the long Bank Holiday weekend

Tea has been steak & ale casserole with chips and peas. Delicious

I've still got some of that casserole frozen in portion sizes that I hope are suitable for individual pies, as and when I get around to making them

Comment

I also watched a couple of episodes of 24 Hours in A&E.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Yes, I need to sort out Thanks/Likes. With a bit of luck I'll have time over the long Bank Holiday weekend
            Easter or the Jubilee?

We have two this year!

Comment

The car earlier was a Honda CVCC, which I'd never heard of. But they ended up selling it to the Honda museum, so they must remember it. And the gold diggers either dug or failed to dig gold, and I skipped the antiques as I was mainly in the kitchen.

Then another new episode of Police Interceptors, which included a foot chase in the centre of Nottingham right along the front of the long building that houses ExClientCorp, aka Capital One. It's nice seeing somewhere you're familiar with on these things, and I don't blame the pursued one for giving up when he got round the corner onto the bridge over the railway, because he really had nowhere to go from there unless he tried to hide in Hooters on the next corner

And finally The Dropout S1E4, Old White Men (TV Episode 2022). That Elizabeth Holmes really is a piece of work. Hope she's enjoying prison

Early night now so I can try to get my walk in first thing, and deal with the return of the bin, and with a bit of luck take an early lunch break to get the shopping done

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It was a frosty start, with temperatures reaching about 1°C when I set out; along the way, I even saw somebody clearing frost off the windows of their car. But by teatime it should be about 10°C. It was sunny to start with and it's still sunny now, though it's expected to get cloudier towards lunchtime and showers are predicted from late afternoon on. Barometers are bouncing back at 990/998mB

Comment

Morning all
                  Rainy out.
                  TFIF, etc.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The sheer excitement of the past couple of days meant it was TFBSZ before midnight.

Naturally enough this then meant the waking at 04:35 kicked back in. Swings & roundabouts.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny

CBS.

Cold at 12.7 deg in here.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.47477 psi (down from 1000 last night), 67% RH.

Friday.

The washing frenzy is ongoing: smalls in the WM.

The TD was making a funny noise last night when the bonfire smoke was being laundered out of the work clothes: turned out to be a casio watch that must have been in some pocket or other.

Oddly enough, it still works & was showing the correct time. .

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Shirts out of the TD.

Smalls back in the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red corner yog & another BBE yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Smalls out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Entertainment: Y&Y something about fun & the arts & stuff instead, what has the world come to? No whining about stuff at lunchtime?

Shirts & pillow cases & tea towels roughly iRoned.

Cottons out of the WM.

Everything now airing.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent hailstorm.

Sunny now.

Tea: breaded haddock, some sliced peaches, a yog (or 2), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Basil Rathbone: they were most impressed with his Sherlock Holmes, I, on the other hand, found the version of Dr Watston in those films to be almost unwatchable.

Farscape S1 E5 "Back and back and back to the future": temporal jump one: shown as E3 on imdb just to confuse me. The numbering on this series seems positively mad. Hadn't seen this ep before that I recall.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 April 2022, 19:20.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast on getting up but it seems to be brightening up a bit although the cloud isn't likely to go away any time soon. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 11 later with a chance of a shower this evening. Barometer up to 998 mBar.

Nowt else of note to report.

Comment

Working...
                      X