• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    In a turn up for the book, went to bed 2 hours later than NF.
    The world turned upside down, indeed!

Comment

Managed to get through to the dental surgery re my broken tooth, and they've given me an appointment at 11am on Wednesday. I imagine they might have got me in sooner but I fluffed the "does it hurt" question, as it doesn't really; or not yet

I believe they're still doing the covid deep clean stuff between patients, so getting in as soon as that isn't too bad really. Interesting that while the powers that be insist on everybody getting back to some nebulous concept of "normal", the healthcare professionals who might be expected to have a decent understanding of these things are still insistent on taking precautions.

While my Mum was in hospital being tested for stuff over the last couple of weeks, my Dad was only allowed to visit every other day and had to show a negative lateral flow test before they'd let him on to the ward, and although my sister was allowed to assist him as far as the ward door, she wasn't permitted to go any further.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp out but no active precipitation at time of posting. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 9) and that's the high for the day. Moderate westerly breeze.

Busy day at the coal face. I have three weeks left to get all the migration work done and I suspect I will be working late nights and weekends for all of those three weeks.

Back home later today.

Comment

Morning.

9 degrees and damp outside.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The day continues grey, though the drizzle has fizzled out for now

Lunch has been pâté on toast

Comment

At Glasgow airport. Flight hasn't been cancelled yet. Gate due to be displayed shortly.

Comment

Links are, at long last, up

Comment

Oh, and: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Bit of a chilly breeze out despite the supposed 12°C, so a scarf was pressed into action

Comment

Tea: chicken tikka masala, with rice and naan. Very nice

Viewing so far has been the car, a Noble something IIRC; and the gold diggers, and the antiques guy. And now there's a NEW! gold diggers, which I left on because it started at the same time my meal was ready and it saves faffing around with the remotes looking for something else

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      At Glasgow airport. Flight hasn't been cancelled yet. Gate due to be displayed shortly.
                      If that was the 18:55, you've arrived so you should probably get off the plane before they take you back again

Comment

Working...
                      X