• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Sunny again. If what I can see of the sky through the scaffolding is correct. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 18 later. Barometer steady at 1029 mBar.

Was woken at 0525 (according to my clock, which means it was actually 0522) by a loud beep. Much like the sort the smoke alarm gives out. Maybe I dreamt it, maybe it really did happen but it was damn annoying to be woken up, whatever the cause.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Very nice sunny but mild afternoon out there

Comment

NickFitz Have I got a bug for you?

TPD is showing as last updated by you last night at 20:30 when looking at the forum. More recent posts are showing, and it appears in the "Latest Posts since you last looked" section, it's just the date/time of the last update which appears to be stuck.

...or maybe it's just me.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch has been sausages in finger rolls

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            NickFitz Have I got a bug for you?

TPD is showing as last updated by you last night at 20:30 when looking at the forum. More recent posts are showing, and it appears in the "Latest Posts since you last looked" section, it's just the date/time of the last update which appears to be stuck.

...or maybe it's just me.
            Yeah, there's summat up with that bit

Comment

Lunch was stir fry.

I have a delivery tomorrow so I'm going to have to be in all day
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This is what the post is showing:

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Chilly in here at 14.1 deg.

1027 mBar, 30.33 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 14.89 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH.

Thursday.
                whereas this is what is actually there:

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Chilly in here at 14.1 deg.

1027 mBar, 30.33 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 14.89 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH.

Thursday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warm sunshine.

Shopping trip to Tesco in shirtsleeves done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans (forgot to add the chilli which made it bland), a red corner yog, another yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (if as such it might be defined): TWAO, more doom & gloom.
                WTF is wrong with this?^^^ Compare & contrast with the original post. .

No point adding to the original post so:

Freecell score: 94%, running average: 84%.

Fresh daffs on parents' grave.

There were a couple of powered hanggliders circling above whilst I was so doing.

Tea: the first portion of the chilli con carne with rice (very nice, tastes like a good batch), the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jeff Bridges, he of "Thunderbolt & Lightfoot", "Fisher King", "True Grit", "Last Picture Show" etc.

Discovering Christopher Nolan. I've seen one or two of his epics.

Trucking Hell S5 E17.

In other news the allergies are playing up something chronic, I think I'll take one of the alternate one a day tablets to see if that helps.

One in the morning, and a different one 12 hours later.

Worked the last time I needed it and it's cheaper than the eyedrops.

European UFO bollox on Blaze, much the same as septic UFO bollox but with subtitles..
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 March 2022, 22:51.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Test...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Yeah, there's summat up with that bit
                    Just to add another bit to it...
                    It shows the avatar of the most recent poster, but still says NickFitz yesterday at 20:30

You've currently got The DogTW as your avatar for this thread in the forum list. I only worked that out when I noticed that it had Zeity's A-bomb but your name a few mins ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Just to add another bit to it...
                      It shows the avatar of the most recent poster, but still says NickFitz yesterday at 20:30

You've currently got The DogTW as your avatar for this thread in the forum list. I only worked that out when I noticed that it had Zeity's A-bomb but your name a few mins ago.
                      Only for you - I'm seeing that both your avatar and the fact you posted at 14:43.

So it just shows how "Special" mods are.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X